Is it legal??

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Soundx3Soljah, Mar 9, 2020.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    In Arkansas wife and I had a argument one day over stupid stuff as a result of a very difficult month one day. The argument was not important.

What mattered was about 5000 dollars in property was destroyed. Normally it's criminal and so on so forth etc. But Arkansas Law says it's private property ours to destroy if we so choose. Within a narrow situation.

That company needs to put up or shut up and sue for damages with you counter suing to force them to prove it or go home.

Since THAT happened IN Company yard, on company time with company stuff with with with its a wash. They CAN fire the driver in question and thats as far as it goes.

You are getting into what I call either blackmail or extortion etc. Put up 1500 to make something go away? HA you and what army?

Otherwise it did not happen. And I would consider that the end of it and quit that minute going out the gate.

Some things are not acceptable.

In the past I have broke stuff or popped tires or whatever. Great here is cash money my damage my fix it you make go bye bye and we all square. Next load please. But that was a totally different time long ago. Today it wont fly.

Oh by the way wife and myself worked to replace that 5000 and buried the hatchet as it was. And that was the end for that problem.

I don;t believe a company can be that stupid. HOWEVER Greed is the real problem here. And FEAR of the mighty hoity insurance outfit. HA.... its insured, Bill em. Pay up and forget it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Soundx3Soljah

Soundx3Soljah Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2020
    Good point. All that hooting and hollering but they didn’t actually terminate his employment. (As of yet Atleast) Just threatened him and tried to get a paycheck. These foreign 1099 companies are very shady.

Bean Jr. and x1Heavy Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Orly?

Get out. If you think he is staying then we cannot help them. (Anyone who insists on remaining with such a bad outfit. Why am I not surprised.)

Ive destroyed 15000 plus inventory before and its papered over. Not a problem.

But scratch the fuel pump card reader and peel the trailer a few inches? Oh woe be onto me once the suit waddles out to roar, scream and fire me in a wave of spittle. Its always the tiniest stuff.

88228822 Thanks this.
  5. Soundx3Soljah

Jan 4, 2020
    with less than a years experience nobody well paying and reputable will hire him. I told him to suck it up at a starter company for awhile. That’s what I did when I first broke in to the business. Reading all these replies has turned my worry in to anger. Even if he did clip something (which I still doubt), they way they went about it was all wrong. Even on a 1099 I’m pretty sure they can’t dock pay or demand repairs especially if you’re under their insurance

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Several companies will hire him right now. If he's under contract, that could be a problem, but still can find good employment.
    Which city are you in or near?
    May be some decent companies that will hire you.

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  7. Soundx3Soljah

Jan 4, 2020
    No contract. Fresh out of school he found this company on Craigslist. We live in a the Sacramento/Yuba City/North state region of California.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Does he want local or regional or long haul?

9. Soundx3Soljah

Jan 4, 2020
    two kids. He wants local but settles for line haul home most weekends.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    x1Heavy Thanks this.
  11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Mountain Valley Express Co Inc - Manteca, CA 95337
    We offer competitive wages as well as an excellent benefits package!
    Click --->> Apply On Company Site
    Position: LTL Driver
    • Yearlong/Full-time Class A Drivers
    • No experience needed, we'll train current Class A Drivers
    • You're home every day with weekends off
    • Hazmat and Doubles Endorsements preferred
    • Short reverse commute
    [​IMG].[​IMG]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.