Is it legal??

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Soundx3Soljah, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Soundx3Soljah

Soundx3Soljah Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2020
    This one looks good I might even consider it for myself. Right now I run to Florida and back the money is pretty good but it’s a grind. And no benefits.

Playing devils advocate, if for some reason they ever did come up with footage of him clipping a tractor, what would happen? Would any of these better companies hire him? Could they actually pursue it enough to ruin his career? When you’re young you think you’re invincible. I guess I’m just looking out for him.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    CDL-A Drivers * Local Run
    Be a recent graduate from an accredited truck driving school.
    Avg $1300 per week * Full Benefits
    Sign on Bonus
    Paid Holidays, Vacation & Orientation
    No Endorsements Needed
    www.drivewithar.com
    ~
    [​IMG]

4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    No big deal. Most companies hire drivers with a preventable.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas

First off get rid of the thought of career. Almost like say a Telephone repairman from the old days working 9 to 5 poking around for 50 years and then retire without any trouble.

Thats not trucking.

You can and will be fired for some of the most stupid reasons. Maybe your fault maybe not. Sometimes engineered with a question you either quit or you will be fired. Choose. (Really no choice...) I prefer to quit for cause and let the State Board of Labor deal with the company. One particular case a company starved me against savings sitting for weeks expecting me to quit on no money. But I quietly and patiently waiting a long time being careful with money.

Documenting everything. So and so dispatcher says no load today. (BS...) write it down. Dates, times and so on. Spend more time dealing with Dispatchers bosses, in Operations, what about loads at the mill 50 miles down the road with other company trucks by unit number coming and going loaded?

That got em. Burr under their saddle. They turned hostile. Documented that too. Names, dates, times, where, when, why and how and particularly what.

Handed all of that to the state. They awarded me unemployment for 6 months plus damages for forcing the situation to where I must quit. Normally when you quit you get nothing. They get to laugh.

I am the one who laughed in the end. A learning experience. Particularly in the world of blacklisting among trucking companies.

Truckers need money. You could not find 20.00 in a roomful of 50 at orientation some weeks. And so they want jobs. And are afraid of anything that causes a problem to stop that job so they take or do nothing when threatened. If they were really bad they are eliminated from the industry easily enough. But if a company for whatever reason tries to eliminate a halfway decent worker then there is going to be a problem. Especially if that worker documents everything on paper, with today's cell phone cameras, video evidence and so on. In writing date, time, where, when, what, how and who in particular.

Turn that into the State Labor. If it is a corection to make you run out of hours on HOS etc then turn the company into FMCSA and let them have at it.

At some point the company will either stop the BS, fail and go out of business (PLENTY OF SIGNS before that happens on a sinking ship...) or continue to abuse people with fear and greed.

Most people refuse to allow themselves to be abuse and want out. Circle back to the homeless trucker with nothing to his or her name in fear of losing that last 100 dollar paycheck because he or she will go hungry so they endure the abuses.

This is not a nice industry. And so the cancer or rot must be cut out or burned out one at a time. It will never be a truly nice industry.

88228822 and Soundx3Soljah Thank this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Home | ButtonTransportation
    https://www.buttontransportation.com
    ~
    In one season, a new driver fresh out of school can build the skills go anywhere and do anything in this industry.
    Want to stay local? No problem, Button has plenty of local line-hauls available in a wide variety of equipment.
    Whatever you are looking for, Button probably has a driving position that will work for you.

8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    PODS Inc. - $19 hr.
    Sacramento, CA 95828
    Click --->> Apply On Company Site
    To qualify, you must have a High School Diploma or equivalent as well as a minimum of 3 months of experience employed as a driver.

9. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    I call Bu!!####!

10. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I would find another job asap. Easier to get another job while you are still working. I would also spend some money on a lawyer, who could put the company on notice that you intend to pursue legal action if they try to go through with this. I'm betting they won't want this to go anywhere official. If that gets you fired, oh well. Another 1099 sad story.
    When he leaves said company, contact the IRS and report them for not withholding payroll taxes.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  11. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    You not gonna believe what easter European companies pull on the drivers drivers in chicagoland ... Especially when he is about to leave !

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.