Is J B HUNT GOING TO ALL TEAMS?

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by No Name 38, Jun 12, 2009.

1. No Name 38

No Name 38 Light Load Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Virginia Beach
    Heard this today. Anyone know any more?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TNPRIDE1066

TNPRIDE1066 Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2009
    TRENTON ,GA
    I havent heard that, they are doing what they call dense lane runs more than anything right now. I was scheduled for orientation on mon next week. But after speaking with 2 drivers today, and all i read i ran away from them

4. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Not that I'm aware of, and I spent about an hour speaking with a JB driver yesterday.

With the information he gave me, I figure I've made the right choice to never drive for JB. He made no mention of them going all teams.

But what he did say, could lend credit to the rumor you heard.

5. No Name 38

No Name 38 Light Load Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Virginia Beach
    maybe its just what everybody is doing, so someone started JB is doing it....

6. JabberJaws

JabberJaws Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nashville Tennesse
    Just finished Orentation w JB. They not going TEAMS They are going mre of a regional type carrier

7. pjw044

pjw044 Heavy Load Member

That would be great- having 2 miserable drivers in 1 truck
    Just like C.R. England

:biggrin_2553::biggrin_25510:

8. MM71

MM71 Heavy Load Member

Jun 28, 2008
    AZ
    I quit JB Dedicated 2 months ago (after a 6 month OTR stint because my account was slow). I dont really ever see them going to teams (in my experience they do not have enough freight for the number of drivers/trucks they have on the road now). But they do change their mind on "company direction" about every 45 seconds. JB only has husband and wife teams that I know of ... and they are not ran team miles. You may have talked to a dedicated account driver ... where the account deliveries require a team.

For JB Regional / Super Regional / or OTR positions. If you are happy with 800 to 1800 miles a week, sitting every weekend in a truck stop. And on week days waiting 20 hrs for your next load, which will get booked to you before your 24 hr layover pay will kick in ... and wait another day before your pickup appt ... to deliver either on some snail pace schedule, or that of a rocket ship. Then JB Hunt will be the company for you.

9. Malathan

Malathan Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Red Oak, TX
    My father worked for Hunt for a few years just before he passed away, and he avg about 3000 miles per week and was getting about .47 cents a mile. they even gave my mother a gift and flowers when he passed, anyway this was a year ago or so but i was wondering if they still come close to that kind of stuff.

10. brandond

brandond Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Bounce between TX and OK
    Jb wasnt a bad company when I worked for them, and this was 2 years ago. My only complaint with them would be that they never got me home on time. Usually a day or two late. I was making 41 cents per mile. Averaged about 2000-2500 miles per week. Made great money though. Had to quit suddenly when my wife miscarried. That was when they went sour with me. My fleet manager put "Job Abandonment" on my DAC report. Thats the only bad thing I could say about them. Other than if you are trying to go back to work for them, get it in writing you are re-hireable and ok for rehire. I was told that 3 times in December of 08, then went to Lowell for orientation to hear that they could not hire me. Due to that incident, I dont think I would even consider going back to work for them. They said I had a bad reference with them from the first time. I was like, how the hell did you people not say something about before? But they did give me a comcheck right away for the 3 days of orientation I went to, and paid my bus ticket home. At least they didnt do like some and say "well your on your own, and pay? why should we pay you"?

11. Smurk4u2

Smurk4u2 Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Barboursville, WV
    JB Hunt is not going to all teams. Jb is basically fazing out the truck division all together. They will still run regional freight, but they are getting away from the coast to coast stuff. They are now pushing Intermodal and DCS (Dedicated Contract Services) as their bread and butter.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.