Is Klonipin a banned drug for CDL?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Eagle66, Aug 27, 2010.

1. oldtankinfool

oldtankinfool Bobtail Member

May 20, 2014
    Rydal GA
    nope your wrong, 5 panel I have done at least 10 tests while on xanax, prescribed for PSTD,,(3 tours in Iraq),,,never came back as a positive

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lcfd15

lcfd15 Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2014
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
    So you have first hand knowledge that every single trucking company out there only does a 5 panel or are you vouching just for your company alone?

There are 5,6, & 7 panel tests and tests that companies can have CUSTOMIZED according to their request. Different testing companies can offer different testing panels. It goes back again to what the insurance company, or underwriter, wants to have the drivers tested for in order to cover that specific company for the coverage that is requested by the company.

So as Company A (lets say your company) only does a 5 panel that you can pass with your Xanex, that does not mean that Company B-Z ONLY utilize a 5 panel test to where he can just get on with no special requirements.

4. mcmanly

mcmanly Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2012
    NE PA
    Never admit to anything unless asked.The fact that you posted here though will be used against you if you get in a wreck.I suggest paying off a mod to delete this since jurors hate truck drivers and you now admitted to having mental issues .

5. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    But you told me enough to tell you I would rather see you do something else than to have you go off the rails behind the wheel. I've dealt with people who has the same exact problem as you do and I would not even consider putting them behind a wheel of a car, let alone a truck.

See I'm not trying to bash you but just being very frank with you, you are totally responsible for the lives of people around you and if you get triggered with nothing, I wonder how much background stress will trigger you or stress from an incident that happened an hour, or more before and with the situation of high density traffic, or something that you have to focus 100% (weather), would you have an episode where you would be dangerous to those around you?

I won't try to figure it out, it is better for all of us to understand why they have an issue with these drugs so not to be upset with the limitations you have.

6. oldtankinfool

May 20, 2014
    Rydal GA
    Absolutely not, (all companies) my experience based on 2 DOT physicals, 2 employment screens and 4 company random, 2 roadside collections by DOT from 2010 to 2014,,all 5 panel,,,but I would THINK a company / agency would only customize if you were suspect. U ride the Marne Train??

7. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    It seems we are all talking about the same thing but some confusion about 5 panel tests, which are all the same. the US DOT has a standard that has to be met, this is a part 40 thing. A company can add to it, which makes it more than a 5 panel test. While labs can offer more services (tests) to the standard tests, the costs increase exponentially with some tests because of the effort needed to detect some of these 'drugs'.

lcfd15 Thanks this.
  8. lcfd15

lcfd15 Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2014
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
    Yes I did for the last 2 years of my Army career and did my medical retirement out of there. The most unorganized and undisciplined post i have ever been to.

Yes, this is what i was trying to say. There are multiple companies out there that offer the minimum 5 panel test (cheapest route), but the opportunity for other companies to offer more than just 5 panel is out there. Especially if they are newer start up company and lets say the underwriter for the insurance wants them to test for more than just the normal 5 panel. Just like any other law/regulation here in the US, you can add too but can not take away from. So there for as long as they meet that minimum 5 panel they are good.

9. oldtankinfool

May 20, 2014
    Rydal GA
    Good to hear from a Marne brother. I hear you it is one CRAZY TRAIN!! What a lot of folks dont understand about benzos is that if you dont need them u are abusing them and you are going to get in trouble sooner or later. Those who are legally prescribed them and do NEED them are normal while taking them. High anxiety is just as much a danger as slowed reaction time. Benzos mitigate that risk, and put a driver in a "normal" state. Like Willie Nelson said,,most people smoke pot to get high,,,I smoke it to get normal. SO if legally prescribed no matter what the panel level test,,,it should be no issue,,,cause it "fixes" the medical issue,,just like glasses correct vision, BP meds control High BP etc.... bottom line is the truth will or should set you free. Tell the people what you are taking and it is prescribed for a reason,,,,if you take the stuff to get high...well shame on ya....my 2 cents..

ble

10. Zeviander

Zeviander Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    It may, but you don't notice it. Combine that with 10+ hours of driving and it might have a stronger effect.

I personally wouldn't risk my life or others no matter the dose.

11. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Zombies! Ahhhhh!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.