Is my responsibility to pay the collision damages

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Galbeed7, Apr 15, 2019.

1. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I know the mounties write up accident reports a little different from what I have been used to.

I had a mishap on 16 west of edmonton once. I was actually slowing down to turn on 43, just dark enough that the headlights were not doing any good yet, when something went by my windshield and took my right fender off, sliced the trim off the right side of my grill and sliced the aluminum bumper off even with the frame, like you had cut it with a knife. At first I thought, that was the biggest moose I have ever seen. lol
    I walked back and found an outside dual. there was no one in front of me, and I was slowing for the turn, so didn't notice who had passed on the other side of the divided highway, so no way of knowing who lost that wheel. The mountie checked it all out and just wrote, that I had hit an object. I never read the report, just called my insurance company once I got to alaska and reported it. I only had liability, but they told me my uninsured motorist would cover it, but ask if I could somehow rig up some lights on it and bring it back to New Mexico. lol I did but had to make another round to Ak first, it looked like a johnny cash special with one light on one side and 2 off a chevy on the other. lol
    When I finally got back and read that report, I figured my insurance would balk, heck I could have hit a light pole as far as the report went.

AModelCat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Galbeed7

Galbeed7 Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2019
    Yes

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  4. Galbeed7

Galbeed7 Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2019
    Yes this happens in Canada

5. Galbeed7

Galbeed7 Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2019

6. Galbeed7

Galbeed7 Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2019
    Thank you very much. I have no lawyer at this moment should I hire one. Or what advice you give

7. Freddy57

Freddy57 Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Mount Vernon, MO
    Consult an attorney as soon as you can.

8. LGarrison

LGarrison Road Train Member

May 19, 2011
    Sandpoint Idaho
    do you have a dash cam never leave home without it

9. Sweetpea84

Sweetpea84 Bobtail Member

Dec 27, 2018
    Need help!!! O/o is holding my last check due to damage on 5th wheel he already lied about how i was suppose to get paid i pay for gas on his truck n run by miles im at lost with this guy n bills are due what can i do

10. Galbeed7

Galbeed7 Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2019
    Were you on payroll or incorporated driver. If you are payroll driver you can file a claim at the ministry of labour online form and they will deal with it. But you need to have proof like receipts of gas paper log or whatever else you can. But if you are incorporated you I'm not sure if the ministry of labour will help you to get your earnings. Anyway find a good consultant.

11. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    Shaggy sang a song called...

"It wasn't me"

Midwest Trucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.