is pam trucking a good co. let me know

Discussion in 'PAM' started by codyj, Feb 11, 2010.

1. codyj

codyj Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2010
    i am thinking of going with them. to get my cdl. i would like to know if they treat their drivers good, and keep the truck moving.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    Welcome to our board. You'll have to do your own research and make your own decisions on what's good for you or not. There's plenty of info here that's for sure. However, you'll have to weigh the information and throw out the bad and keep the good. But if all you get is bad that should tell you something right there.

To check a company you can go to the FMCSA site called SafeStat. It's a little confusing at first because there's so much information but it can paint a fairly good picture on how a company operates. The one thing that is bad is you'll never know how their turnover rate for drivers. It will list the number of drivers for a certain year but you don't know if 100 drivers were fired and they hired another 100.

I also believe that the majority of the drivers here will tell you if you can get your CDL on your own it's better that way. A communty college is one way to go and getting loans or grants from the state to pay for your school is another way. If you go with a company paid school then they have you for a period of time. They know you have to work for them to pay back the loan for school so you might not get treating all that great. It's better to have no obligations when you come out of school so you can expand on your own to find work. Just always remember that a CDL school is there to get your CDL and recruiters do not work for you.

So your first task is to find a good school. After you do that then I suggest you sit down and make a pro and cons list of what you want out of a company. You should also make a goals list on where you'd like to be in a year,5 years,10 years, and on to retirement. That is if you stay with it. Alot of times it will task you and it takes a special type of person to drive a truck. You'll be tested right down to your last nerve at times and how you come out is what will make the type of driver you can be. So good luck and stay with us.

Nascar5085 and Blue Screen Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.