Is Schneider in the Teamsters?

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by joey kenworth, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Ridgerunner665

Ridgerunner665 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Yep...there were still about 9 union guys there in 2005, nearing retirement and Schneider could hardly wait.

Technically...they work for Schneider Transport (not the current Schneider National)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Grandiego

Grandiego Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2007
    I think that used to be true, but not any longer.

4. Grandiego

Nov 2, 2007
    I ran into one of these guys about 18 mos ago. No doubt in my mind that SNI would be a million times better off as a union company. Pay would be better. Benefits would be better. And driver comfort would actually be on the radar.

5. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    I know Schneider is requiring all nondriving employees to take a week off without pay before the end of the year and has taken holiday pay and other benefits away from drivers .
    When Chris Lofgren , CEO of Schneider stated there level of pay now is lower than it was in the 80's and requested eased immigration laws to allow hiring more immigrant drivers . Senator Peter Defazio had this response
    He's right . Schneider and the other bottom feeders are pushing drivers to a lower class .

6. Gator83

Gator83 Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Arkansas
    I may find out in a few weeks if what I have been told is correct or not, but I was told that a condition of my employment is to have applied for my hazmat within the first 30 days of employment, and that I may have to pay for it up front, but to provide my receipts and they will reimburse it 100%. This was what was I was told as of yesterday.

7. Grandiego

Nov 2, 2007
    I can't confirm or deny that for new drivers. I know there are lots of SNI drivers driving van right now without a HAZMAT. I believe that HAZMAT was reimbursed a couple of years ago but another cut to benefits stopped it. Maybe someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.