Is Stevens Really The Best Training Company?

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by RoadDriver -Andre, Aug 27, 2012.

1. RoadDriver -Andre

RoadDriver -Andre Light Load Member

Aug 27, 2012
    State Of Georgia
    Its going to cost me, but I will try it. Only problem I have now is I have to pay a bus ticket on my own to go there

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RoadDriver -Andre

Aug 27, 2012
    State Of Georgia
    Is theres a better one that you may know of??

4. nascarchuck

nascarchuck Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2008
    DFW, TX
    These are the two that Stevens uses (or did a year or so ago). I guess that you could stay wherever you wanted (there are plenty of nicer ones in the area) but it would be much cheaper going through Stevens and also Stevens provides transportation to/from these two motels.

If I remember right Stevens payroll deducts $15 a night from your pay check once you are out of training. I doubt that you can touch that price on your own.

5. RoadDriver -Andre

Aug 27, 2012
    State Of Georgia
    Your Right. I think I will use the motel address instead so I will only be paying 2-3 nights then off to Stevens and go through their motel. After training, I will change my address back.

6. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    You cannot use the hotel address for a home address if you're applying for a resident driver's license.
    You must have a home address. They can tell if it's a commerical establishment or not.
    Funny thing, tho...RV parks are ok to use. So long as you can show a rental agreement.

7. AndCoy

AndCoy Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Warner Robins, GA
    I live in GA myself and went threw the school at the end of June. I'm in or2 now. Anyway, I showed up with a GA license. The school asked who all was from out of state, then we got a letter from cross lands stateing we were residents there. Took that to the DMV, and we're issued TX driver's lincences. Or at least the temp ones. It was a pain getting the actual card to Stevens before the 45 day temp expired. I did notice that at clearance, they said I have to change my license back to GA by October. Could be what you were referring to. But I wouldn't be concerned about getting your CDL in Texas. If you can't get your CDL, then Stevens does not get paid. They will do everything they can to make sure you can get it.

8. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    The law in Texas concerning residency changed last year. Implementation was delayed until Sep of this year. As Emulsified stated, you can no longer use a motel as a residencd.

9. Corporal_Clegg

Corporal_Clegg Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Raleigh,NC
    Exactly. Ypu can not use the hotel any more. You have to be a permanent resident.

KMac Thanks this.
  10. FozzyBear

FozzyBear Heavy Load Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    I believe I was in the last or next to last class that was allowed to contain non cdl holders from out of state. Now they need to have their cdl when they come to the school or be a resident of Texas. I think they are going to be doing a lot more recruiting from outside schools.

Corporal_Clegg and KMac Thank this.
  11. AndCoy

AndCoy Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Warner Robins, GA
    Wow, glad I made it in before that! That would have messed me up! I'm curious how much smaller each class is going to be now. It could make it a lot better for the people that are there with smaller classes.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.