is sysco a good company

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by zbanks20, Jul 22, 2020.

1. zbanks20

zbanks20 Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2016
    oak grove missouri
    i know the work is hard and im prepared for that but when they say you make 75k a year is that true or just a recruiting tactic

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    No!!!
    Never!!!
    I won’t go back to unload there, ever!!
    You can’t make me!! :eek: :banghead::banghead::banghead::violent1:
    A52246DC-90DF-4D0B-81C6-DE72273E58D6.gif

4. zbanks20

zbanks20 Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2016
    oak grove missouri
    is it bad money or just that rough

5. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    I never worked for Sysco, but I did do foodservice. It IS work, but it does pay well too. There are different driving jobs available at food service. There are the jobs where you run a regular route. The restaurants, the gas station delis, schools, and hospitals. Then there are the shuttle jobs, where you pull the empty trailers from your terminal to the distribution centers and bring the loaded trailers back for the route drivers. The route drivers make the money.

There will be certain times of the year where new routes come open, in particular around the major holidays, and you will find yourself, a local driver, going across the country. For these runs, they would rent a sleeper truck and send you out with a co driver. $$$$$$ Stupid money. We delivered to HoneyBakedHam, and so around Christmas and Easter, each location would get a truckload. So, you could be a local driver in CharlotteNC, and end up on a team truck heading to Las Vegas. Keep in mind, you were paid by the hour.

The best paying foodservice route was the worst....the Nuke Plants. The nuke plant had eating places, like hospitals do. Thing is, security would go through every case of food. Can you imagine having a local stop that took 2 days to deliver? Major pain. But the money was crazy good IF you were a patient person.

6. Hazmat Cat

Hazmat Cat Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2019
    Money is good. Friend of mine worked there for a while. Nice paychecks.

7. Wespipes

Wespipes Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2019
    75k a year at sysco is easy

8. zbanks20

zbanks20 Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2016
    oak grove missouri
    What kind of hours was he working,

9. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I did Food Service for years. 7 yrs Driving. The Industry is so profit oriented. They over work and under pay. When I went LTL, it was like I’d gone to heaven. The old adage “People have to eat” is way over used. Summertime Restaurants slow down,too. Sysco may be a good Job for some, but they pretty much put all the little Guys out of Business, in the 90s. Food Industry pay is usually less. If it’s high, it’s because you work like a Dog. Usually treated like one too.

farmerjohn64 Thanks this.
  10. NorthEastTrucker

NorthEastTrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 21, 2019
    I never worked for Sysco but talked to a Driver who did & they said its possibly to earn $75k to $80k but you're working 12 hrs 5 days per week hustling towards 12 stops per day. This means hand bombing product off hand cart wheeling boxes into stores etc. I earn north of that 40% less stops, no hand bombing for the same money. IMO it does not make sense at my age to physically work that hard. If it was 20 years ago maybe but not for anyone over 45 years old. I even read some of the driver write up & most give it a bad rating beside the pay saying that 'You'll work for every penny they give because it's so difficult'.
    Working as a Truck Driver at Sysco: 202 Reviews | Indeed.com
    Working as a Truck Driver at Sysco: 202 Reviews | Indeed.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2020
    farmerjohn64 and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  11. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    I worked there for almost a year and guys on a route were making more than $75K. There were some drivers that would boast about their checks and would regularly show off their $4K checks (bi weekly pay).

It is hard work, very hard work and the hours are long. Nearly every week there would be drivers who had to be"rescued" because their 70 ran out before they could get back.

farmerjohn64 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.