Is there a way to lock the panel on a Thermo King?

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by Joetro, Sep 23, 2018.

1. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    We have just to much time in them docks to come up with some great new ways to protect our income, they are coming out with the neatest toys now so beware, we bored and fools are fair game.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tlauden

Tlauden Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2018
    Ive thought about the same thing. Especially dropping the trailer at home loaded... Whats to keep some ####### from simply shutting the unit down. You would think that there would be a panel over the controls that you could put a simple padlock on.....

Normally when I have a load ill turn it to continuous, that way I know its good. I had one set that way about a week ago sitting at a receiver. They came out to check the seal and they killed the unit for me to go back into the dock. It woke me up out of a dead sleep when he shut it down....

4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Carrier and TK both have remote monitoring technology and services. Most medium to larger carriers utilize monitoring services and most drivers don't even know it. They can monitor all critical aspects including system off, low fuel, temp changes, etc. In some cases, they can even start and stop units remotely and change set temp. But I find this to be a very risky entry point for sabotage enthusiasts

brian991219, Joetro and bzinger Thank this.
  5. rogueunh

rogueunh Road Train Member

Jan 4, 2011
    This is true.
    One company I work with has this, they had a trailer stolen, so they remotely shut down the unit lol.

6. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    What a way to mess with a driver that keeps a eye on the temp., Company shuts down unit and they sit back and watch on them spy cameras they have set watching everything. I can just see them office folks doing that.

7. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    alot of reefer companies have the software in cab now

8. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.