Is there an endless supply of newbies to work for bad companies

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by Deacon Blues, Nov 7, 2023.

1. Deacon Blues

Deacon Blues Bobtail Member

May 31, 2009
    Northeast
    I live near the HQ of a company that has some negative threads on this site in the bad trucking company forum.
    I've been getting ads for this company on my Facebook feed. These ads get tons of likes and generate many comments from all over the country asking if they hire in various zip codes.
    That leads me to believe that only a small percentage do any due diligence and most will believe anything the recruiter tells them. Anyone with a room temperature IQ or above would run away if they did an internet search of reviews about this company.
    All l see is a bunch of clueless individuals inquiring about joining which reaffirms my belief that the supply of gullible newbies is endless.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    If you named the company we could tell you if the reputation is deserved or just loud people.

Peplow, Jamie01 and bryan21384 Thank this.
  4. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Every company is gonna have a driver that loves it and a driver that hates it. Reviews don't really tell the story for me because most of the time, people only leave reviews when they want to complain, or when one bout of adversity occurs.

5. Ex-Trucker Alex

Ex-Trucker Alex Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2023
    Trucking, as an industry in general, seems to attract cantankerous people, so you have to expect that ANY company will get a lot of negative reviews regardless of how good they may be. Look for specifics when people trash the reputation of their former employer, then take that info with a grain of salt...

6. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Half the reply’s on Facebook or any website are usually fake aye eye bots

buddyd157 and Iamoverit Thank this.
  7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    My company is relatively unique in the LTL world as far as how we operate and the level of consistency here. It surprises me how many people actually tend to dislike it, whereas I couldn’t tolerate the likes of Fedex Freight.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  8. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    I absolutely read driver reviews of companies. It isn’t that hard to read between the lines on negative reviews and figure out whether the driver is just an idiot or if there’s any merit to the complaints, or whether positive reviews are just shills. I give genuine positive reviews a lot of weight, as you have to really like your employer to bother to post a good review!

9. 2rescuekids

2rescuekids Light Load Member

May 25, 2023
    Yes, a lot of drivers are foreigners and newbies are just plain ignorant of the industry.

10. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Or work for the company and get paid to do positive reviews .

or have A I bot do it , like all the fake reviews on eBay and Amazon .

when my nephew wanted to get into trucking , I advised him to find a company that couldn’t hire just anyone .
    My brother has a friend that runs a welding biz in Jacksonville FL that works a lot for the navy , and all his welders have to have a clearance to get on base and In The ships .

turns out there are trucking companies that require their drivers to be native born citizens and do a very good background check, not only on the driver applying for the job but on their parents spouse and siblings as well .

kinda narrows down the pool of applicants thus raising the pay .

finding a driver is hard , try finding someone who has a CDL but also has good credit score and no accidents or tickets , and never been arrested .
    They have a good training program for drivers with a new CDL ,
    Had to , they said they used to find drivers and do the background checks, not they have ti find someone who can pass the background and then teach them how to drive .

Last edited: Nov 13, 2023
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted