IS THERE ANY COMPANYS THAT HAVE W900 or Pete 379

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by cowboy385, Dec 8, 2007.

1. cowboy385

cowboy385 Bobtail Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Chuckey,TN
    Hey guys is there any companies out there that drive kenworth w9's or pete's 379 for a driver coming out of school I bet not but just thought I would ask thanks and I am 22 so that is a big factor to.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. evertruckerr

evertruckerr Heavy Load Member

Oct 14, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Here are a few to get you started.

TMC, a flatbed company, Decker has a number of Petes, Knight Transport refrigerated out of Phoenix and May Trucking refrigerated.

4. 379 Peterbilt

379 Peterbilt Medium Load Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Wisconsin
    Nice try, but you should be required to start out driving less than the best as a newb fresh out of sckool. How about a single bunk cabover?

How todays' can kids walk right into primo rides right off the bat these days is beyond me.

You ought to be tickled pink for the opportunity of a plane jane conventional Freightliner Columbia, and take it with a smile.

Kids........

roshea Thanks this.
  5. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi

I actually hit cancel....You were much nicer than my typed responce.

Even though I think Pete's are rags.

6. 379 Peterbilt

Nov 12, 2005
    Wisconsin
    LOL!!!

Dan, say it man. Lets hear it!

Time for some newbie expectation 101......(grin)

7. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

I have to agree with Dancer. I see some poor clown in one of those ancient looking clunkers, I feel nothing but sympathy for him. Never have had any ambition to drive a truck designed during the great depression.....

8. 379 Peterbilt

Nov 12, 2005
    Wisconsin
    Class sells. Every driver knows that.

In the used truck market, I see 1999 379 Peterbilts with 1,000,000 miles on them going for more money than 2003 freightliners with half the mileage. Hmmm.

To the gent wanting to go straight from driving sckool to a decked out loaded 379 Peterbilt, I say good luck. Years ago this would have taken either many years on your part, of many dollars.

cowboy385,
    No slam at ya hand, but maybe adjust the expectations to be more realistic. Pay your dues first.

9. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

So, in your opinion an 8 year old truck with 1,000,000 miles is worth more money than a 4 year old truck with 500,000 miles. Great business sense there, glad that Pete and KW have brainwashed you into economic freefall. LOL!!!!

10. elharrison

elharrison "Iam on my way"

Feb 8, 2007
    WV
    ive said it before id love to get into a 379 or w9 , but eh i gotta start with traning wheels before i go to the harley :yes2557:

im in a 03 columbia, not the best , but it makes me money

11. 379 Peterbilt

Nov 12, 2005
    Wisconsin
    Burkey,

The thread spoke of (in all intentional purposes) of the desire for a driver wanting to get into a 379 or a W900L.

To elaborate here, my opinion on what I wrote was this.....(pay attention here)...a 379 Pete/W900L is a more disireable truck to a driver, than say the plane jane freightliner columbia. You can make the arguement that the columbias might make better business sense, however you'll never convince me that a columbia is a drivers first choice from a pure drivers standpoint. (See thread topic please)

And yes, in case you are not privy to todays truck market demands, I'll be the first to tell you that YES INDEED, a 1999 379 Pete loaded with a million miles on it, will sell for more money that your typical 2003 plane jane freightliner columbia fleet truck.

I'll not agrue which truck makes better sense economicaly, but I can argue what truck drivers prefer to drive if they have their say (like us who have actually bought 379 Petes)

(see the post from the thread starter)

Do some research at sites that advertise trucks for sale, and you'll see. (I'd post a link to one, but risk getting flagger for a "broken link"

Do the math and regroup..........

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.