Is there anything required for crossing over to Mexico?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by I.C. Weiner, Jan 18, 2018.

1. I.C. Weiner

I.C. Weiner Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2017
    Got a load that stops in Monterrey tomorrow. Do I need anything besides my license and medical card to drive over into Mexico? Any permits or anything?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. farmboy73

farmboy73 Medium Load Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Knoxville, TN
  4. I.C. Weiner

Nov 20, 2017
    Thank God. Looks like I won't be finishing this load lol. And if you guys are wondering why I'm asking you instead of my company.. They take forever to respond to my Qualcomm messages. Thanks man.

tscottme and Just passing by Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Passport.

I.C. Weiner Thanks this.
  6. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    The load may go to Mexico but not you. You will drop it at the border and a Mexican National will continue on with it. You will then grab a load that was brought across from Mexico and destined for Wisconsin or anywhere else.

7. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Passport has already been mentioned. You'll also need insurance that covers you in Mexico, and it probably wouldn't hurt to have someone back home with enough money to pay the ransom when your ### gets kidnapped by the drug cartels. That's if you're lucky. If you aren't, they'll use you as a mule to carry their drugs back with you and you'll lose your CDL and your freedom if/when you're caught.

Eh, who am I kidding...that sort of thing only happens to a small number of people...people with luck about like, well, yours.:p:D

8. I.C. Weiner

Nov 20, 2017
    Lol

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  9. andrewsdad

andrewsdad Light Load Member

Jul 18, 2016
  10. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
  11. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    You won't be crossing into Mexico. You would need some special stuff to get a truck even into Mexico. You probably never get the truck back into USA

You drop the trailer at the boarder and a Mexican trucking company will take the trailer into Mexico or unload it and reload it onto Mexican truck. They have Forwarding agents and they have drop yard and they do all that and paperwork

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.