Is this a record?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by me myself and I, Mar 21, 2018.

1. me myself and I

me myself and I Heavy Load Member

Oct 5, 2009
    vernon hills,Il
    Two days. Thats how long my new windshield lasted. Cracked right at same place as the old one did. At first i thought bad install, or bad windshield. Ive even called installer. But no. Barely 1/4 in above seal a chip. And 6in crack. Frustrating

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    Had both left and right side glass replaced while spending a couple weeks at home. Booked a load and made it 3 hours and a rock hit the driver side right dead in the middle of my face,.. big spider web crack. Really pissed me off.

Hurst

Grubby Thanks this.
  4. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    Man last year I went thru 12 windshields in like 5 months. Thank god there cheap. My girl thought I was trying gay spending all time with Justin the windshield guy. Lol

It goes in streaks

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

Streetroddreams and Grubby Thank this.
  5. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    I do not recall ever running into anything, rocks, which would crack a glass that I did not see coming and or hear. The crack can come much later. I suspect bad install. What about everyone else?

6. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Is it a big one piece, or split windshield glass? Some models with the big single glass crack from cab flex. Like when turning on uneven ground, or just driving on uneven ground.

7. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    Last 2-3 years I was changing windshields every 3-4 months. Last time I put PGW branded windshield and looks like this one is a good one. Within 1-1.5 years I had few hard hits on them and they did not crack.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    BoxCarKidd Thanks this.
  8. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    I saw multiple problems when I worked for a mega. I thank they bought a container of cheep W/S and distributed them to all the shops as needed. 9670,s had curves on the outside. They were hard to install and broke often. Also had some problems with some twisted cabs on other trucks. Ended up portapowering them into shape.
    Do not recall chips in those glasses when they cracked.
    That is why I asked everyone else.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.