Is this legal undeliverable forced load?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by 1040wsxbl, Aug 2, 2022.

1. 1040wsxbl

1040wsxbl Bobtail Member

Jun 15, 2022
    I was given (forced) a load that I could not legally deliver that Ran from North Bergen, NJ to Beaulaville, NC. Considering I was routed through Norfolk, VA that is roughly 9hr and 45min trip including a fuel stop. When I was dispatched on that load I had roughly 8hrs left to drive with. I told my dispatcher I could not deliver that load by 8am because I'd have ran out of time by then and asked if they can reschedule and they told me they won't. And that if I didn't take the load they would charge me 250 dollars.
    So with no other options since if I didn't accept the load they would of fired me, I drove the load to NC. I left at 4:45pm and arrived at Dagsboro, DE at 1030 with 3 hours left on my clock. Keep in mind that just to get to Norfolk, VA from DE it took 2hrs and 44mins. From Norfolk to Beaulaville was another 3 hours which would mean I had drove for approximately 14 hours to complete this trip. By the time my "carrier" finds out I'm driving in violation, he tells me that he is going to edit my logs to try and male it seem like I recently took a 34 hour reset. Eventually I see that they just completely changed 80% of my entire drive time for the week to make it seem like I was in compliance.
    Last time I checked was it ever OK for a carrier to do this? Can this be reported to EEOC/OSHA/FSMCA?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pumpkinishere

pumpkinishere Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2021
    Sounds like you need to find a better company to work for. I know you cannot edit drive time but I’m thinking everything else you can. I would start calling places today if not tomorrow.

4. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Yes, no.
    Here's the deal. YOU drove over your hours, not your boss.
    Can you make it ugly for them? You bet. And 6 months down the line, it won't matter a bit.

Solution? Move on.
    Sounds a lot like a 1099 company.
    Find someone decent to drive for.

Good luck

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Try a different company.
    Here's one in Tifton, GA
    Wholesale Distribution | Orgill
    Orgill was founded in 1847 and today is the fastest-growing independent hardware distributor in the world. The company serves retailers throughout the United States and Canada, and in more than 50 other countries. Learn more about Orgill and the advantages of becoming an Orgill customer. Transition to Orgill.

Wholesale Distribution | Orgill
    [​IMG]

6. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    So many of those 1099 companies do this because there are so many willing CDL holders who will drive illegally. You shouldn't do it either. Go somewhere where they can plan loads better than that. If your record is jacked, get it cleaned up and get on out of there. That load probably didn't pay you more than 300 bucks, but you would have paid a lot more than that had DOT got a hold to you

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Maybe Climate Express will hire him. He has plenty of experience.
    Looking work in GA

8. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    My company will NOT edit any drivers logs. I don't think they even have that ability. We use Keep truckin and my understanding is nobody can edit drive time. Not going to say it impossible since I can't see what the company has access to. They tell driver ELDs will show the original log and the edited log when the DOT does a inspection. I think other ELD company are known to let ELD edits by company. It's not legal to edit logs like drive time but loading and unloading time can be edit by driver. Driver has to sign off on any edits. If they kinda outlaws or 1099 company they probably doing stuff they shouldn't

9. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    I thought ELDs prevented this………

you mean to tell me the government didn’t help?

10. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    forced dispatch and a fine if you don't drive illegal???

unfreakin'real !!!

oh, and it is illegal as hell, on both people.

11. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    That'll fire up some on here :happy1:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.