Is this legal??

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by j72088, Jul 14, 2020.

1. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Let me give it to you this way. Last year I got pulled over the third week of March by DoT. Officer was cool as hell but told me my IFTA sticker was out of date. While he ran my license, I called up my boss and he argued up and down that the sticker was good until the end of the month. I relayed the info and I got a big NEGATIVE from the officer. He said that the IFTA stickers are only good thru the second week of March.

I ended up siding with the DoT officer since I firmly believe he is acting on good faith and has a better understanding of the law than my desk jokey boss that never drove a truck. Cop checked his computer and shook his head as he said "sorry bruh, SC code says I have to fine you, I am sure the company will cover the fine, but this ticket will show up on your DAC" (or whatever companies use now).

I was done with the company shortly after. It was an idiotic situation and my management had no clue about federal law.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    Cardfan89 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  4. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Your avatar icon reminds me of this old skool music video from the Buckwheat Boys called Peanut Butter Jelly Time. Not sure if that was your intend, but if you aren't familiar with that and want to completely spoil your weekend, you should YouTube it.

Cardfan89 and not4hire Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.