Is this normal? Living in truck, no parking, no truck stops.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by bobthurman, Aug 15, 2018.

1. bobthurman

bobthurman Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2018
    The company people have been pretty cool, but this part I really wish they'd fix. Schneider Bulk is like a different company from Schneider Everything Else. I looked up their CSA score recently and they even have a separate score. I got rejected all over California from Schneider lots because they don't accept bulk trailers specifically. The staff are well aware of this problem, apparently there are facilities coming back online within months/years. Meanwhile...

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    I've gone through this thread and deleted a few posts due to personal insults and bickering.
    Argue with each other all you want to but please keep the arguments on topic without the personal stuff.
    There's some good information in this thread. I'd like to see it stay open.

bobthurman Thanks this.
  4. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Lived in LA for over 30 years. It’s not truck friendly at all. Parking situation is terrible and traffic is just awful.

I made two trips to SoCal so far since I started and I doubt I’ll be going back anytime soon.

My freightshaker turns into a large vibrator on those roads.

bobthurman Thanks this.
  5. Alec the trish

Alec the trish Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2018
    Cape May County, New Jersey
    I am also with Schneider doing tanks otr. i have just started a new coversation regarding my training and my first month with them.

6. RDTrucking

RDTrucking Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2018
    Well how do you like that. There’s a truck nicer than mine here. First time that’s happened, and it’s not because a kid ran into me in OK city on my way here either. LOL. He’s got a longer wheelbase than me too. Looks to be about 290. I wonder how he talked them into that? I had a heck. Of a time getting them to let me go 280.
    And there’s a Schneider truck parked here with it’s headlights on.
    Wonder who that is.?
    LOL.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.