Is this TRUE about The D.O.T. Medical Card ?

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Miami Trucker, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Miami Trucker

Miami Trucker Light Load Member

Jul 4, 2008
    Miami,Fl.
    Hello Folks....I was Listening to The Radio the Other day,and Heard this Answer from a D.O.T. Physical Doctor,and just Wanted to KNOW If The Info is CORRECT ?

He said that : Even IF a Driver Takes Blood Pressure Medicine.

IT IS UP TO The DOCTOR to GIVE 2 YEARS ! If he WANTS TO !

This Sounds to Good To be TRUE ?

So IF Another DOT Doctor is READING THIS.

Or IF another Driver is 100% Sure of THIS,and HAS a 2 YEAR CARD.

Even IF he Takes B.P. Medicine.

Please Elaborate.....Keep on Truckin'.......

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Better Question-
    Why does it seem lately Everyones on Blood pressure meds?

Get Physicaly active- Easy on the smoking- Quit eating MAYONNAISE-

Seems like 1 out of 2 drivers takes BP pills-Has type2 or needs daily pills to control their depression and anxiety, Anyway

As long as a driver gets 120 over 80 or less- Good to go no matter what he takes

snowwy, Mattflat362, SheepDog and 2 others Thank this.
  4. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    Hey now don't be hatin on the Mayonnaise... If the truck catches on fire you gotta always have Mayonnaise... On another note during the summer I would go walking at rest areas and truck stops... I would get the dirtiest looks, but I lost like 30 lbs in 3 months by doing that...

5. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    I eat mayo fused with avocado oil. Not only is it tasty, it is good for you. Nutrionist said it was and since I switched from regular mayo my cholestrol numbers are on target.

stayinback Thanks this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    We have a much greater resource than Alexandrea of Egypt when it comes to a simple question like being qualified on BP Medicine. Combined with another related to the hard DOT limit of 140-90 and so on.

Instead of another 10,000 letter post from me I offer you this. A search of the entire FMCSA data base related to DOT medical = Blood Pressure.

Blood Pressure Medicine - Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Search Results

REO6205 Thanks this.
  7. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

Walking is a great way to lose weight. If you combine it with other methods it really shines. You need to walk a couple times a day or at lest one good long walk. Even if said long consists of just circling the truck stop a buncha times. Rest areas abound with room to walk. Some have a little trail, some don't.

Add in the weights you can use while walking. Makes it an even bigger win.

Or you can jog, run, whatever you like doing. Long as your moving...it doesn't really matter in my mind. I don't like running. So I walk.

Anyhow..end my walking sermon.

Sirscrapntruckalot - Holla!

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Bowling would be the one walking exercise that is fun. Especially if you have a pre-computer set of lanes downtown where you have to actively use your mind to participate in the game.

Reminder never throw that 16 ball if you aint got the horses or bones for it.

9. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I heard something about guidelines being changed recently. Is this true or has 140 for the top # always been the case. I’m due now and worried. Barely passed last time. Something new to me always had perfect BP. I’ve heard drug companies pushed the lower recommendations as standard and now DOT standards have been changed also. Is this true?

10. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    And it is all due to the SAD; Standard American Diet.

Blackshack46 and stayinback Thank this.
  11. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Last thing I heard. They were going to lower it. Don't know what became of it.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.