is U.S Xpress good company to work for? why it's very bad company?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Samstruck, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Samstruck

Samstruck Bobtail Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    well I know there are lots of reports on US Xpress posted as one of the top bad trucking companies, but the fallowing question is WHY? I worked for US Xpress 9 months, and I'll tell you why u need to stay away from US Xpress. but first let me tel the only one good thing about US Xpress (they have very good trucks).

#1- they do NOT pay you for your work! the pay scale already start at $0.28 for non experience Drivers but the problem if you don't scan your paperwork 100% your money is gone and they won't even tel you about it!! and it did happen to me and after I saw my pay was $230 for full week of work 2285 miles! I called and they say yes that's your pay no mistake but after I looked close I found out they have been steeling my money that I worked hard for. after I told them they Must give me my money or I'm gonna sue them they paid me my money.

#2- all US Xpress trucks on elogs that means if your 30 minutes away from home and you ran out of hours you must stop! you get wronging masges it happens to me I called them and explain there is no truck stop here they say "you MUST stop some where ASAP. elogs means LESS money Less hometime MORE problems.

#3- very bad policies, they have too many policies makes you hate your life, like "do not refuse any load for any reason" "you can NOT move the truck more then 1 mile after your hours are up even if the shipper or receiver tel you you can't park here" too many to list.

#4- you MUST drive on the routs they give you, means you will never be able to cut routs, and let me tel you one time I was 50 miles away from the shipper but they make me take the longest way 100 mi to get there they paid me for less then 50mi.

#5- no respect whatsoever. when I quit I rented a car to get home after I quit I found a guy in US X terminal saying he was not hired and he didn't know why! he flew to the orientation after and barrow the money to get here, he said 3 days of orientation and he was paid NOTHING and they won't tel him why!! I felt bad for him and helped him with what I can. oh yeah they will not help him to go back home.

#6- hometime if you or one of your family got sick don't dream to get home soon, they take 7 days to process your home time, it happened to me few times but one time I had to call the ambulance and got to the hospital on time the doc says I need few days to rest that's when the company said oh we are sorry did you tel us? lol yeah I did.

I know times are very hard and u might need the money asap to help your family but I would say try to look for something else before you try US X.
    DO NOT WORK FOR
    US Xpress
    swift
    CR England

and if your still thinking about it research and ask drivers (do your home work) before you make a big mistake!
    try to work for JB hunt, Arnold, shaffer, con way, marten, melton
    best of luck to you.

feel free to add!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kid_cardiac

kid_cardiac Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Florida
    For new member, he sure knows how to change font colors.

I agree with you that USX truly does suck and deserves Rollover's BFI Award, but almost everything you listed is either the norm (pay for your work and bad policies) or going to be the norm in the near future (e-logs) for a mega company.

As for "you must drive the route that was given to you," I call BS. I know with my company, if I can get to a customer in either a) a shorter time, or b) a shorter distance, one phone call to my DM, and my route is changed. Again, I don't know the "very bad policies" of USX, but if it were my company, if one of my drivers can save time, fuel, and wear and tear on the truck, than you're d*** right I'm gonna change the route.

I'm doing my inner Columbo (RIP Peter Falk). One more thing here. Why would you suggest six other companies to other drivers, two of them (JB and Marten) who are extremely low on TTR's totem pole?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  4. kid_cardiac

Feb 24, 2008
    Florida
    :biggrin_2555:An education? Effort? That would be asking WAY too much. Why do you think we have Spell-Check?

5. KE5WDP

KE5WDP Road Train Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Caddo Lake, Texas
    Cry a river why don't you? Most what I see there is DRIVER error. Want to be payed? Scan in YOUR paperwork. That is part of your job. You don't get that done, you don't get paid.

Want someone to hold your hand thru trucking? This ain't for you.

daywalker24 Thanks this.
  6. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Wrong, other than routing (which they do to save tolls if the shipper will not pay them) everything you listed is due to poor planning on your part or just screwing up. I work for USX and love the comapny, I know many other current drivers who are happy also. Everytime I hear a driver complaining, somewhere in the first three minutes of the conversation they accidently tell me why they suck at trucking.

Also, you worked for this company for how long? Today is the first time anyone here has heard from you. Pretty typical

venne, daywalker24, SmokingJoe and 4 others Thank this.
  7. kid_cardiac

Feb 24, 2008
    Florida
    Sounds like the OP has an axe to grind with the company. Although from my perspective, I could care less about why he dislikes USX. I'm more concerned about why he'd "cheerlead" for six other companies at the end of his original post.

8. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    And Arnold is owned by USX. He would know this if he really worked for USX as Terminals are shared and we sometimes pull Arnold trailers.

9. kid_cardiac

Feb 24, 2008
    Florida
    Aso...

The plot thickens.....:biggrin_2555::biggrin_25520::biggrin_2554:

10. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    so you didn't do your job and scan in ALL your paper work so gee you didn't get paid..... sound like YOUR FAULT
    1st no not all company drivers are on elog. but if they were are you saying YOU CAN'T drive legally....???

yes they are force dispatch but YOU KNEW that when you started so why cry about it now and usx has nothing to do with you not being able to move the truck after your hours are up it's the FMCSA HOS but if you were a truck driver you would know that.

again you knew this when you started so why cry about it later

he flew WHY....? they would have given him a bus ticket. no one gets paid for orientation if they don't get hired, and just why do you care why he didn't get hired....? he will get a letter when he gets home telling him why.

realy..... when this has come up were we need to get home asap we have always been home about as fast as we can drive home.

11. Robin

Robin Bobtail Member

May 28, 2007
    Dunnellon, FL
    I worked for USX for 10 months and was very impressed by their equipment (very recent, very well maintained) and I had a great DM who never steered me wrong. I had only two gripes:

1 - Nights and weekends are hampered by a reduced number of DMs available. They need to recruit DMs as much as drivers! You might be on hold for 45 minutes with them just to have a 1-minute conversation.

2 - There's the dreaded New England "Vortex." Once they get you to New England, you kinda sorta get stuck there doing local delivery work (pick up from a rail yard, take it to a drop yard 15 miles away, etc). They really need to put a bunch of day cabs in their own terminal up there to run in all that New England traffic instead of using the big Petes for local work on those narrow streets. Drivers call it "the Vortex" because you get "sucked in" and held there doing local stuff - burning up hours, making no money.

But I liked the Transflow/scanning stuff! I liked the new, very well maintained truck I drove. I liked the shiney floors and hifalutin decor of their huge terminals. I was treated very well there.

DenaliDad Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.