Is us219 in Pa a good truck rd?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by RSB34, Sep 19, 2018.

1. RSB34

RSB34 Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2013
    ny.
    i have to run a load tonight from Dubois Pa it tl Olean Ny. What kind of Road is 219? Is it up and down mountains the whole way or run up a valley? I’ve heard that the town ofRidgeway has a big grade to go down and that the truck bypass route is not really any better. I will be all but empty. Or is there. Better route to go up? I don’t spend much time in the western half of Pa

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RSB34

RSB34 Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2013
    ny.
    i have to run a load tonight from Dubois Pa it tl Olean Ny. What kind of Road is 219? Is it up and down mountains the whole way or run up a valley? I’ve heard that the town ofRidgeway has a big grade to go down and that the truck bypass route is not really any better. I will be all but empty. Or is there. Better route to go up? I don’t spend much time in the western half of Pa

4. laaylor

laaylor Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    Yes it’s fine..

rabbiporkchop and RSB34 Thank this.
  5. Green566

Green566 Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Never took the 219 route but personally I'd stick to 80 over to 81 north. Not sure what type of rig you're in but it's about an hour longer going 80 and 81 but you'll more than likely make that time up by not having to crawl through state roads and going through small towns and slow zones through the mountain's.

RSB34 Thanks this.
  6. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Road Train Member

Mar 6, 2017
    PA
    Nothing wrong with 219, and the improvements they've made the last 15 years really make it a breeze.

rabbiporkchop, KB3MMX, brsims and 2 others Thank this.
  7. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    I don't get up there very often, but I'm always at 80k when I do. There's a few hills, but nothing too bad. The truck bypass at Ridgeway is nothing. Just follow the speed limit and you'll have nothing to worry about. Watch your speed between Wilcox and Route 6.

If you have time and are hungry, there's a nice little bar and grill on the corner at Route 6 and 219. It will be on the right when you come to the stop sign. Gotta turn right on 6 for the parking lot next to the bar. Very good food and friendly service

8. laaylor

laaylor Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    Oh yeah: good food there...

x1Heavy, KB3MMX and RSB34 Thank this.
  9. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere

You really must like driving way out of route!

Ffx95, x1Heavy and Nostalgic Thank this.
  10. RSB34

RSB34 Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2013
    ny.
    Thanks I’ve taken some roads in my years that looked fine. Few miles up the road I’m like I shouldn’t have taken this route. Then few more mile yes definitely not. So I have learned to asked. Eastern va. Comes to mind get off the exit big road shoulder and everything 5 miles down the road it just ended no signs nothing. Lucky I could get turned around. The people that lived at the end of the road were used to it and happy to help.

11. CrossettDriver

CrossettDriver Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Jamestown,NY
    Lol , Way more then a hour out of the way

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.