ISA trucking. Clyde, OH

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by urbanized53, Sep 3, 2016.

1. urbanized53

urbanized53 Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2016
    Claims drivers get 75% of the load and the truck does not move unless 3.15 per mile or better. Worked 5 days and two loads. Went from Oshkosh WI to Roanoke, Roanoke to Chicago. Pay was $400. Went out for one more week_ on wed the boss heard I planned to quit upon my return with check I hand. I was told to drop the truck off at a repair shop in southern Ohio and there would be transportation back home to WI waiting for me. Dropped off truck mechanic says owner says you and your stuff out now bus station 12miles start walking. Never did get a ride or my last paycheck. As matter for fact the Trip back from Roanoke on my last week auctually cost me $600 in fines for log book violations. I was logging the way they showed me but it was wrong! In addition to their DOT intervention safety rating got pulled over 4x in 9days

789kid321 and TheExtreme1968 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rusty Trawler

Rusty Trawler Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2016
  4. Hyweighman

Hyweighman Medium Load Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Pensacola, FL
    Well sorry to hear that. Bad deal. Next time keep your mouth SHUT when it comes to quiting. Loose lips sinks ships.
    Learn how to properly fill out log book.
    With all the ways their are to learn, no excuse. Good luck

misterG, G13Tomcat, Puppage and 2 others Thank this.
  5. Hyweighman

Hyweighman Medium Load Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Pensacola, FL
    Oh one last thing,, it's always a driver's fault.

Loose Leaf and skinnytrucker Thank this.
  6. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Curious on how you were logging wrong. Logging is not that hard really. Was your coloring a bit too far outside the lines or what? As for all the others, well let me guess. This is a 1099 outfit?

-Steven

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  7. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Never Telegraph your punches or rely on what the company says your log book should be , you should know the right way to fill out your log book not how the company wants your log book to look like because it's your log book not theirs ....
    Not to be tough on you but to teach you
    And this most definitely does sound like a bad company to be involved with, unfortunately there is alot this in our industry but keep your head up kid and take the time to research the next company to invest in next time

8. Rusty Trawler

Rusty Trawler Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2016
    One thing you did wrong was telling another driver or employee you were quitting.
    Never trust other drivers in the company with info you don't want the company to have.
    Sad, but a proven truth.
    At that point, you were screwed. If you didn't go to the repair shop, they would've reported the truck stolen.
    Play your cards closer to your vest.
    Call your state attorney general, it's free and if they lean on the employer you might get some money back.

9. 789kid321

789kid321 Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2017

10. 789kid321

789kid321 Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2017

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.