Issue with Uber Freight need opinion/help

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by RahulWalia, Oct 15, 2018.

1. RahulWalia

RahulWalia Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Hey I don't know if this is the right sub forum but I am an owner operator and ran into a issue not sure what to do so some feedback would be awesome! I had a Uber Freight load last Wednesday but when I got to the facility they rejected the load which was salt because the seal was missing. I'm guessing while I was sleeping at a truck stop nearby the facility someone might've gone through the truck and broke the seal off my only conclusion. When I told Uber they had me wait in Atlanta 2 days just to tell me that the facility and the sender wouldn't take the load back... After giving up I ask Uber if I can just take the salt with me back home (Jackson MS) and they will find a facility near there to salvage it or destroy it and they agreed. Now I'm back home and its Monday they still haven't found a facility and I usually gross 5-6k a week and its really affecting my work situation since I have bills coming up. I talked to the city of Jackson (Capital) of MS to donate the salt but Uber Freight Account Manager said if I do that ill be liable for the load.... But a week ago they said I can destroy it if I can find the facility.. I honestly don't know what to do.....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RahulWalia

Jun 9, 2018
    The last exchange of messages were
    Me : Vanessa were going to hold it off till tomm morning
    Me : If were still looking for a salvage facility by then im just going to donate it
    Account Manager : Raj, We are actively looking for a facility but please keep in mind that it is an entire truckload of salt and our last course of action will be donating/destroying the product.

4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Let me ask you this, is Uber Freight a legal broker?

Or are they a ride sharing company for loads?

ramblingman Thanks this.
  5. RahulWalia

Jun 9, 2018
    Legal Broker I’m pretty sure and again thanks for the quick response

6. jcrack08

jcrack08 Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2014
    You might need to store it in a warehouse at your cost while they figure it out. Might end up being cheaper than you not working. Next time always take a pic of the seal and do a pre trip. You'd have caught the missing seal.

7. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Good advice...

jcrack08 Thanks this.
  8. RahulWalia

Jun 9, 2018
    Thanks yeah just not sure why I didn’t do it that morning. Any idea what warehouse would unload 17 pallets 2400 lb each of Salt?

Thanks so much guys

shogun Thanks this.
  9. jcrack08

jcrack08 Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2014
    You're in Jackson,MS? Just google it and give them a call.

10. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    I would try Mississippi Cold storage on Flowood Drive first. Then ask them for recommendations if they can’t, they have normal storage facilities on the south side of the bldg.

11. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    A seal place is on the beach not on a trailer...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.