It’s getting crazier

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by LoneRanger, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Some scumbags do that in China. If the driver can photograph another driver breaking traffic laws, he gets a $50.00 reward when he submits the photo to the police.
    What the driver does is pull up beside another driver and act like he doesn't see him, then pull into his lane and force him onto the shoulder of the road. Then his camera records it as if the other driver is passing on the shoulder. The driver pulling the stunt get a $50.00 reward and the other poor sucker that was forced onto the shoulder gets a $500.00 fine for driving and passing on the shoulder of the road.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Wanted:

Driver. Must have CDL A.

Job:

Drive A to B then C as instructed.

Qualifications:

Be squeaky clean in all aspects of the job.

Wages:

Don't worry about that detail. We will not pay you if possible.

Rules:

Federal Register, DOT, FMCSA, DEA, States Commercial Enforcement, County and City Ordinances, and so on so forth etc. Anything you can think of that has no regulation will be regulated.

Medical requirements:

Be a super human of our Species. Immaculate temple of health and strength.

Idle requirements:

Comprehension of Engine off and Engine On.

Driver Expectations:

Learn to do nothing on your own. Someone will instruct you on what, when, how, where and how fast or slow to drive. Replaceable at any time.

Should I go on further?

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  4. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    So you are saying either we turn into mindless robots or Elon Musk will code us out of existence?

D.Tibbitt, x1Heavy and dwells40 Thank this.
  5. TankerYankr

TankerYankr Medium Load Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Central US
    As a driver you are told, "Just do as you're told, follow instructions, or the famous you are not paid to think !".

This will happen until something goes wrong, then it's "What in the world were you thinking?".

6. deathB4decaf

deathB4decaf Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2018
    This whole thread is just... IDK. I mean, how gross that we will pay people for doing someone else's job? How annoying that you feel like you're under a microscope? Why is anyone ever telling someone they aren't paid to THINK?!?! Heck yeah the people I work with are paid to think!!! This isn't some mindless job. Good gravy!

x1Heavy and REO6205 Thank this.
  7. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    You want to see something that will really make you sick? These homeowners in California violated some building code, paid the fines and corrected it. Then get handed a bill for their own prosecution. To the tune of $26k. Lots of videos with examples of small issues the local government hires attorneys to enforce the law and do the collection and bills the homeowner for all of it. Unreal.

D.Tibbitt, x1Heavy and not4hire Thank this.
  8. LDLWells

LDLWells Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2019
    It's great how people want to break the law when it's inconvenient for them but want others prosecuted to the fullest extent

9. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I have no issue with the prosecution. I have a huge issue with having to pay for your own prosecution. Can I at least hire a lawyer of my choice? Seeing as I will be the one paying for it I don't think that's an inappropriate request in the least.

x1Heavy and deathB4decaf Thank this.
  10. BigBluePeter

BigBluePeter Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2009
    You know with as many ex felons and "unstables" there are in trucking it's surprising that none of these idiots haven't been beaten to death yet.

11. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    There was a time, that I remember, People minded their own business. If not You risked paying the consequences. It must not be taught much anymore.

Lumper Humper, bzinger and gokiddogo Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.