It seems like you would need weed to do this job

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Al Bundy, Nov 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Al Bundy

Al Bundy Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2013
    I have been smoking or vaping all my life for over 15 years. I have been looking into trucking for a few years now as a way to earn steady income to use for investment properties. I am college educated and have been running my own business for a few years, but it isn’t consistent.

This job seems like it would suck if you couldn’t get high at least once a day. Like... I can’t imagine driving for 10 hours only two sit and twiddle my thumbs until I fall asleep.

I’m currently taking a break from weed in hopes of passing the drug screening for whatever training company I will decide to attend. I talked to CR England and they do hair follicle testing! Wow. What kind of truck driver doesn’t do any drugs, ever?!

I could never be on the road for weeks at a time with nothing to smoke, nothing to look forward to. Are there others like me on here that can share their experiences?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
  4. RicoNC

RicoNC Light Load Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Raleigh/Clayton, NC
    You must be a troll!! Or plain and simple stup1d!

Badmon, Roberts450, SHOJim and 7 others Thank this.
  5. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    :rolleyes:

6. Al Bundy

Al Bundy Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2013
    What, you guys are all angels?

7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Nobody enjoyed smoking pot on his weekends off more than I, but you cannot smoke pot and do this job. Period, end of story.

8. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    You dont even want to know my take.

bzinger, Oxbow and austinmike Thank this.
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Forget it. I see this OP as a troll.

Mack is right, the days of drugging and so forth are finis in this industry. You would be tossed out so fast...

No angel here, I was drinking and driving semis on bad roads long before some of you were alive.

10. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    Maybe I'm nuts but I've never had any desire to do drugs never did them never wanted to. I don't know, but that's just me.

11. Al Bundy

Al Bundy Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2013
    I understand the laws. I’m not debating them. However I have a problem with the fact that some of the guys talking are the same ones going to the bar and getting plastered, sleeping for 4 hours, and getting back on the road. I smoke a joint at night before bed and I’m a criminal? Just doesn’t seem right. And I just read a study that concluded that habitual smokers have less accidents on he road than those who don’t. Probably because smokers are calmer, more open minded people. Nothing like a sober ####### cutting people off and not giving a ####. But what do I know. I wanted to start a discussion with adults. If you don’t do it, fine, but I bet there are others like me that do - and I want to talk to those guys.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.