It seems like you would need weed to do this job

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Al Bundy, Nov 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Al Bundy

Al Bundy Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Just read about a guy who was fired, banned from trucking for a year by his company and made to go into some kind of rehab because he had a bottle of CBD oil. CBD is the chemical in weed that causes pain relief, appetite, etc. It is extracted and sold in Europe, but I'm not sure if it's completely legal here. There are no psychoactive effects from it. THC is what gets you high.

So apparently even the extract that is used like medicine is illegal. Probably because it isn't regulated and someone could just make a "special batch" that does get people high, without the feds knowing.

4. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    OP, I think if you really think you'd have to smoke weed to do this job, you won't like it enough to stay or to make it worth it to you anyway. I'd concentrate on making your current business consistent. And especially coming into trucking this time of year. Dec, Jan, and Feb are pretty inconsistent in some segments of the industry. Good luck.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Agreed Holiday time for parts of trucking is a slow time. The Nation goes home for Thanksgiving a few days and some. Then again during Christmas and New Years.

I have spent certain holidays in hotel rooms waiting for a week or so to see the loads start to roll in again. I made a bunch of cash thrown at me for my trouble. But part of what they threw could have been spent in fuel home to family.

MrEd Thanks this.
  6. SinCityShooter

SinCityShooter Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2017
    Las Vegas
    Hey Al(I've used that name on a few forums too). Move to Vegas and open a dispensary, or just come and work as a bud tender. Right up your alley and no chance of getting busted. I understand it pays pretty good.

7. Sharky88

Sharky88 Heavy Load Member

Sep 25, 2013
    Well it's simple. You want to smoke that's your prerogative but understand this. It is not tolerated in this industry at this time. Will that. Hange maybe but not yet. Sure your clean now for school and training but what about later? There are random tests done all the time, no what if God forbid you do have an accident and require a post accident drug test? More then likely you could face jail time not to mention the loss of your job.

8. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    Why the heck would you even consider driving a truck if weed is that important to you? Makes no sense.

9. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
  10. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    589A4E1E-DBD9-4456-BBB4-2F9E103F2B58.jpeg

11. DirtyhandsMcgee

DirtyhandsMcgee Light Load Member

Oct 30, 2017
    If you kill someone in an accident and fail a drug test, you're lookin at a possible life sentence. I would look at a different career if I we're you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.