It seems that the trucking industry doesn't want you to succeed

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by barebear91, Dec 10, 2018.

1. barebear91

barebear91 Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2018
    With all the lies, misrepresentation, and b.s. that is given to drivers, we cannot succeed in this industry. Trucking used to be a honorable profession, now it's another way to keep the little guy down.

No driver convenience, no driver input or say is recognized or even accepted. All we are viewed is just another dumb steering wheel holder to pick up and deliver loads so someone else can sit back and make the money.

Company driver's are a dime a dozen so just drive your clock out, be a slave and accept that you are in the most underappreciated profession there is.

Be safe I add all I hear but none cares as long as the loads are done

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    then you must have worked for a skanky outfit(s)...poor choice of seeking a job on your part.

4. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Yeah, that's not entirely true, fact is, drivers, at good companies, have it better than most of us old timers ever did. Better equipment, internet, better roads. It can be frustrating, heaven knows, I've had my share of crummy companies, but on the other hand, I worked for some great companies, so it works itself out. Trucking has never been an "atta boy" job, and the fact I was able to get away from some of these places I delivered or picked up at, was gratification enough for me. Remember, the "good ol' days" weren't really that good.

88 Alpha, SteerTire, Mike2633 and 5 others Thank this.
  5. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    Ummm drivers today have it made... Most mega carriers have 2019 trucks with fridge, nice soft bed, tv hookups available, AUTOMATIC trucks that all the driver has to do is set there and drive... Plenty of cainet space... I mean short of having a bikini model every morning what more can a driver TODAY ask for... drivers today are lazy and they complain about everything coming and going... The driver shortage is NOT because of ELD... its because of drivers and their pure laziness....

6. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    I am coming up on my first year experience and love the outfit I am driving for.

But It’s just too much work making coffee in the morning.

I have to switch the coffee pots position with the ice makers position.

Than I have to empty the old grounds out from the morning before and rinse the pot Ugh

Than add a filter and new grounds and pour in the water.

I have 9 months in so far. I don’t think I can make it to my year anniversary.

So my question is what other companies out there have nice glider trucks and a bikini model to make the coffee and will they take me with only 9 months experience.

7. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Man u must never done hard physical labor if u think truck driving is that tough... I been in way more underappreciated jobs , paid half as much as i make as a truck driver and did 10x as much work.. Ie construction, manual labor,...pls be thankful for what u got as a driver yeah it aint all peaches and cream but i tell u , id drive a truck anyday and deal with idiot 4 wheelers, dispatchers, office monkeys that treat us like ####... Id take all the bads of trucking over any of the goods of any job i have ever worked in my life

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It will be better to get seriously specific on perceieved abuses.

Idle turns off when it's 20F outside or perhaps greater than 110. (I have been in this situation in the berth at night. 5 hours of it was a life threatening situation if there was no fluids to hudrae My apparent cab temperature was in the region of 160. Took about 10 hours and 5 gallons of tea sipped carefully before it would function.

Typing posts saying that so and so fleet is bad to drivers with vague adminishments to run away does no favors for anyone. Are some of you seeking a return to the mess of the Riots in 68?

To wit, understand that you. The Driver is highly disposible and they usually go through about 50 undesirables before they find you.

It would be such a shame that we are a nation of undesireables in form of trucking. None of us would be any good.

I for one refuse to accept that.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    cuzzin it Thanks this.
  9. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    IMG_5366.JPG

10. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Todays drivers want it soft...….I won't give you the " In my day we blah blah blah" speech, but in my day, we accepted the load, delivered it and got it done. Today's drivers ? It's just cry and moan from sun-up - bed time...… Just my thoughts, care to debate ? ? ?

11. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    I agree... For most drivers out there today.

Me??? I'm young, or so everyone tells me, 34. Im out here to make a living!!!

This August my A/C quit me 30 miles after leaving the gate... It was a weekend, load had to go, so I went, didnt even try to get ahold of anyone about it. For a week I slept with windows and vents open on cooler nights, on the hot nights in the midwest I slept under my trailer at small out of the way truck stops.

I had a couple hours to spare 3 days in so I stopped at a dealer and had them look at it. Said it would be at least 3 days for parts, nope this load of eggs has got to go, give me the part #s ill have my local dealer get them for me.

My local shop had the parts waiting when I got back 3 days later said I need it in 36 hours, I gots to go! It wasnt ready still needed another part, I robbed it off another truck in the yard, put it on mine, they charged the A/C, and down the road I went... Only 1 hour later than I had originally planned...

Freights got to go! I need paid! As long as that truck will still get down the road, im rolling, PERIOD!!

x1Heavy, sirjeff and dwells40 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.