I've Been Fired And Stuck In Dallas Texas KLLM

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by TXROZE79, Feb 14, 2008.

1. TXROZE79

TXROZE79 Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2008
    MANVEL
    I Came To Kllm In June 2007. It Was An Ok Company. I Was Getting Paid For Detention, Layover. I Was Getting Ok Miles Most Of The Time. There Were Weeks Where I Wasnt Getting Miles But Every Company Has Slow Weeks. When I Wasnt Getting Miles I Was Getting Compensated For It. For Example If I Got A 500 Mile Run And It Couldnt Deliver For Two Days They Would Give Me 100$ On Top Of The Miles. Well Then 2 Months Ago I Found Out I Was Pregnant. The Story Totally Changed. I Went Home For 4 Days, I Was Parked At A Truck Stop My Dispatcher Called Me At 3:30 Told Me I Needed To Go Move My Truck Or They Were Going To Tow It Cause It Was In A No Parking Zone. So I Went Up To The Truck Stop And The Truck Had Been Towed At 1230 That Day. I Talked To The Owner, It Was A Small Truck Stop In The Country. He Told Me He Had Called Kllm Cause The Truck Had Been There For 4 Days And Thought Maybe It Was Abandoned So He Called And They Told Him Yes. So It Cost 2400$ To Get The Truck Out Of Storage (it Was In There For Two Days Cause Kllm Kept Giving Me The Wrong Paper Work To Pick The Truck Up) I Was Charged For It, 100$ A Week Was Coming Out Of My Check To Pay Them Back. Well Then I Was Getting 1500 Miles A Week Since Then, I Had Not Gotten A Check Over 200 Dollars All Of January And The Rest Of Feb. Then I Went Home On Feb 8 For My Doctors Appoitment. On Monday Morning I Was In My Truck Ready To Roll. I Sat In My Truck 5 Miles From My House For 6 Hours Before I Got A Load, It Didnt Pick Up Till Tuesday At 10am And Didnt Deliver Till Wed At 0900. It Was A Little Over 200 Miles I Think? It Was From Houston Texas To Ennis Texas, I Thought No Big Deal, They Will Get Me To Dallas Or Fort Worth And Get Me A Decent Load. No, I Got A Load That Didnt Pick Up Till 11 On The 13th, And It Picked Up In Fort Worth, And Had To Go To Albany Ms. 564 Miles. It Delivered At Walmart And If You Have Ever Delivered At Walmart You Know You Cannot Deliver Early. Well The Load Didnt Deliver Till The 14th At 1805. That After Driving Plus The Dead Head Was 30 Hours To Sit On The Load After I Got To Albany. That Is In 4 Days A Little Over 700 Miles. I Sent A Message To My Dispatch, Asking If I Could Drop This Load Off Somewhere And Get A Better Load I Needed More Mile He Told Me No To Pu Load And Roll I Told Him Am I Getting Anything Extra For This Cause That Was Ridiculus, Not Acceptable. He Told Me To Roll With The Load I Was Not Getting Paid For The Load Exxtra Cause It Was After All With Dead Head A Whole 600 Miles And That Should Be Enough. I Refused The Load And Got Fired. No Big Deal Really, It Sucks Because I Am Going To Be A Single Mother And Needed All The Money I Could Get, But Hey #### Happens Right? Well I Get To Dallas On The 13th, They Havent Gotten Me A Bus Ticket (which If They Fire You They Are Required To Give You A Bus Ticket) I Was Sleeping In My Truck Because Where Else Was I Going To Do, They Told Me They Would Find Me A Ride On Thursday Or Get Me A Bus Ticket Which I Will Be Paying For.....not That I Was Getting A Check Anyways. Well I Was Sleeping Minding My Own Buisness, I Had All My Stuff Packed And Ready To Go. Well At 4 This Morning The Night Dispatcher Was Banging On My Door Like There Was No Tommorrow, I Woke Up (by The Way Im Not A Morning Person-especially 4 Oclock In The Morning Person) Told Me I Needed To Get Out Of The Truck I Asked Him What Am I Going To The Hotel He Said No But Another Driver Needs Your Truck And Your Gonna Have To Get Out I Asked Did You Get Me A Ride To Houston Or A Bus Ticket He Said No Now Get Out Of The Truck Or Im Calling The Police, I Said Where Am I Going To Go What Am I Supposed To Do He Walked Off Well I Already Got 2 Bags Out Of My Truck, Only Aloud To Carry 10 Pounds Or Less Because Of The Baby And The Police Showed Up. The Officer Asked Me What Was Going On And I Was Like He Woke Me Up Very Rudely Told Me To Get Out Of The Truck So Another Driver Can Have My Truck The Officer Was Like Why And I Was Like Well I Got Fired And Waiting For A Bus Ticket Or Ride Home And He Was Like Ok? So I Was Getting Out Of My Truck One Bag At A Time. Then I Came In And Called The Main Office In Jackson Asking For A Bus Ticket Or Something Cause This Was Ridiculus Being Kicked Out Of My Truck At 4 In The Morning Have No Ride Home And They Told Me Not There Problem I Could Call Someone At 730 In The Morning. So Thats Where Im At I Am Sitting Here Waiting For A Ride Home After Being Fired!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. myminpins

myminpins Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Dartmouth, NS, Canada
  4. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Hmmm
    Looks like KLLM doesn't like pregnant truckers
    Sorry to hear your trouble, hope you make it home OK
    Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Ducks

Ducks "Token Four-Wheeler"

Jan 1, 2007
    Southeastern Pennsylvania
    I'm sorry you were treated so shabbily, but I'm wondering why you're only allowed to carry 10 pounds or less? It's been my experience that healthy pregnancies do not have this drastic of a restriction. It makes me wonder if this was motivated -- rightly or wrongly -- by their workman's compensation insurance...?

6. TXROZE79

TXROZE79 Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2008
    MANVEL
    Sorry Im Not Going To Be Getting Workers Compensation, I Am Over Weight My Blood Pressure Is Eleveted And The Doctor Doesnt Want Me To Strain Over To Much. I Wasnt Fired Because I Could Lift Anything I Was Fired Because I Refused To Accept Only 700 Miles In A 4 Day Period As Being Acceptable, No I Cant Carry Alot Of Things Out Of My Truck At One Time, That Was Already After I Been Fired, Maybe If You Would Have Read The Bulletin That Was Posted You Would Have Seen That Was After The Fact.

7. fastSVT

fastSVT Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Louisiana
    Dam. You are very polite (sarcasm). People are trying to discuss this with you and you wanna get all.....well....ya know. :biggrin_25521:

And could you maybe not capitalize every word in your sentences. It's extremely difficult to read. Well at any rate, good luck to you.

8. wildtiger43

wildtiger43 Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2008
    viennie,ohio
    sorry to hear about ur luck ,i worked for a man in az who tryed to pull that on me i wasnt pg,but when u dont put a load on a trailer a company cant force u to get out the truck any law officer wont make u leave the truck .u could have drove that rigg to ur home town clean ur things out and been done with them ,they new this too thats why they played u like they did.i guit and my company called the law on me the officer told me theres nothing i can do to u ur a loud to drive this truck home ur a singed to it ur things are in it .i cant put u out of it thats between u and ur company.they knew this .u had a full right to drive ur self home in that rigg,rember in the futures to come know compains cant make u give up ur truck untell u reach ur home ,just make sure u dont load the trailer,and have planty of fuel in it to get there.play there ball till ur close to home ,never load a trailer,and top fuel tank drive home.u wont get into any truble with any law officer.my boss tryed ever thing to stop me nothing worked he wonted to make me a deal i said hell no, im going home thats that have a driver to pick up the truck there.he coulnt do anything to me i was a singed that truck, trailer.i refused to load it .he tryed to get me to load it i said know ,case if u pick up a load and u drive it home they can get u for theft of load,but as long theres no fright in the trailer,they cant touch u.only track u by quile com.if u get out of that truck for a break ,coke ,or rest ,some one might be there to drive off with the truck .but i didnt leave my truck i stayed with it all the way from new york to az were i lived i cleand it out and put a message on the quile comm heres ur truck at this location have a nice day its been fun ,but real fun ,i know the law.u couldnt pull the,wool over my eyes.

9. myminpins

myminpins Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Dartmouth, NS, Canada
    Was thinking the same thing... gift horse in the mouth sydrome?

10. wildtiger43

wildtiger43 Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2008
    viennie,ohio
    hi there, i hope u made it home safly.i wont u to know ill pray for u out there.i know ur afraid ull not fine work soon.but have fath,when one door close's a nother one opens,asked in his name and its urs,as the lord say's,put all ur worries on me i can handle the load.give him ur trubles and he'll walk with u.amen.

11. trucking_on_through

trucking_on_through Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    There is so much I could say, but given the restrictions on posting in this forum, I will not. However your profile shows you to be a trucker for 8 years... what exactly did you think the end result of this would be, irrelevant of being fired? You made a conscious choice to become pregnant... there are specific physical demands required in this industry, and pregnancy is not conducive to those demands.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.