IWX anyone ?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by XKI, Apr 28, 2017.

1. XKI

XKI Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2017
    Bullhead City , Az.
    Anybody have any skinny on IWX as a company to drive for ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    They had a job posted a few years back going from the Springfield, MO terminal to Kingman and back, basically a line-haul gig. I was very interested and inquired about it. I was told it was team-only and I don't remember what the rate was but it was beyond insulting to the point where I'd never consider working for them again. I think it was a $.33 mile split so basically less than 17 cents a mile to be gone 5 days a week and only take home about $600. Think it was 3 runs every 2 weeks, two one week and one the next so probably not even $600. That's all I can tell you if that helps...

4. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    I did a couple of years there on the team relay between Springfield and Kingman. They got rid of the seniority-based pay scale and just made it all a flat rate.

https://www.iwxmf.com/home/driver-pay/

Now here's the thing you have to hit a certain amount of Miles every 4 weeks to maintain full-time seniority status. If you do not hit those miles you lose your benefits like health insurance and vacation and it's as if you would just got hired. you're considered a casual employee instead of a full-time.

And it does not matter if they don't have the freight even if you are always available and you don't hit your miles they will still take seniority from you. It happened to my teammate before I got hired his former teammate got injured and couldn't drive so he couldn't make his miles even though he was begging to drive solo. They took his raises and his vacation the month I got hired.

If you're hired out of Kingman you're going to have the lowest of the solo miles if you're hired out of Springfield you're going to have I believe second-highest and the Dallas-Fort Worth terminal I believe get you the highest amount of miles.

They take care of their equipment you generally never have to worry about a level 1 inspection because every time your vehicle hits the terminal you're hitting a safety Lane and your truck is basically getting a DOT inspection every time you pull into the terminal. Their basic score on CSA for vehicle maintenance last time I looked was below 4%.

They do have Road facing and Driver facing cameras in the truck they have a no cell phone policy they also have weird rules like you're not allowed to be in the passing Lane. The cameras also tattle on you if you go over a certain speed or if you hit a bump hard enough.

If you get any CSA points with them they punish you by taking away weeks of seniority based on how many points you got. And as the points fall off your seniority comes back.

They require Hazmat and TWIC. They do have some shady practices where they don't seal their produce loads until it gets to the receiver. The reason for this as they sometimes ship Freight between terminals like tires or batteries or parts of trucks and they will put them in the back of the trailer along with the produce. I'm not sure you should be shipping tires and broccoli together but that's just me.

All in all my experience there was pretty neutraI. didn't like having a camera in my face and I didn't like the fact that as I ran his team anytime my teammate was sick or couldn't come to work they wouldn't run me solo for some weird reason even though I was upgraded as a first seat. They did Keep Us running pretty good on the relay nearly every week was a to load with the occasional three load it was pretty rare that we can only pull out one load. So we would leave on Sunday morning and I would get home Wednesday night Thursday morning.

Hope that helps

5. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    Oh yeah I forgot to mention they also do hair testing for drugs on top of the urine testing that dot requires. If you have no hair on your head they're going to cut your beard if you have no beard it's coming out your pits or pubes.

And they never did it to me but they do make you sign something saying that they can request your phone records to make sure that you're not using your cell phone while driving even if it's hands-free.

6. XKI

XKI Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2017
    Bullhead City , Az.
    Hey thanks DPT / Kamkor.
    Yep , that info was insightful DPT. They do have a yard in Golden Valley / Kingman just over the hill from us here in Bullhead . Was always kinda curious about em'....
    Had not seen a lot of intel re: IWX here on the Truckers Report.

Kamkor, With all due respect , myself ,I am one cat that drugs test are the ultimate LAST thing about which I fret. My family ran a pre & post drug screen op here some years back..
    Sadly here in little ole Northwestern Az, at that time,65 % of those tested had one or more disqualifying substances within their bodies. Of that number 60 % had all three....SAD !
    I don't smoke , don't drink , life is too short for that kinda B.S.
    My Caffeine levels may be to off the pegs though, but being a NAVY guy ,I've long ago adjusted to gallons of the bean... HaHa
    Just outta curiosity Kamkor , I see you are a home town jockey. For Whom do you drive if I may ?

7. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    Yup yup I'm outta Bullhead. Small world.

I'm over at John Christner. Been here two years.

And I agree our area is lousy with drug users. And some people are against getting their pubes snipped for a test..(happened to me... Very awkward)

8. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    And oohrah, I'm sure a few times when I had blood drawn by the corpsmen for a physical, it probably was 50% red bull...

9. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    $500 for 2600 miles round-trip, awful. $.19 a mile...

IMG_2262.PNG

SQ200 Thanks this.
  10. XKI

XKI Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2017
    Bullhead City , Az.
    Kamkor,
    Oh Ya for sure mate .....Copious amounts of Redbull , Monster washed down with Way Oil bear grease coffee gotter dun over in Saddam's neck of the sandpit.
    oooahhh !

11. XKI

XKI Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2017
    Bullhead City , Az.
    Geezzzz..That Is TOUGH stuff..
    YAWSA.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.