J.B Hunt Lansing Mi Meijer

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by trucking for family, Feb 22, 2019.

1. trucking for family

trucking for family Light Load Member

May 11, 2016
    Michigan
    i have read the other threads and they are older threads. I think logs may make a difference in what I have read and time also changes things.

Anyone currently running the meijer account in 2018 / 2019?

I’ve been looking at other jobs lately mostly tanker as I love tanks but J.B. Hunt is offering a decent package $1350 a week guarantee, home ever night and new equipment. They say the lowest earning is $75k. Seems like a bit of a stretch to me.

Is this a run as far away as possible company or is the meijer account worth it?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Don't ever believe what jb hunt tells you....they're famous for bait & switch

trucking for family Thanks this.
  4. trucking for family

May 11, 2016
    Michigan
    I gave up on J.B. Hunt already already.. After a few more bs calls I figured it out.

As of yesterday I found a job which meets our needs well and keeps me in tankers which is what I prefer to do. Home daily really good pay assigned equipment and a fleet less than 2 years old and best of all it’s on a farm exemption.

Dale thompson and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  5. drvrtech77

Mar 20, 2010
    Smart move...

6. trucking for family

May 11, 2016
    Michigan
    I just wish they would give up on me... My phone just keeps going off with texts and phone calls from them. At least I was smart and made a dummy email for the job hunt. J.B. Hunt is relentless and that was the biggest sign to stay away for me. I mean RELENTLESS doesn't matter if its 0900 or 2300 they keep it going......

I tell ya what I put a resume on a job search site that is not for truckers only but everything and holy crap did my phone blow up. I even checked do not list my number keep private! I couldn't figure out how everyone got it and then my genius self looked at the resume I uploaded and had a smack your forehead moment... It did help me find a job but I may have to start blocking everyone and everything for a few weeks:(

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    What I usually do is change numbers and move on with life. I fight spammers and changed numbers and phones 5 times in the last 20 months. As far as JB Calling, they called me once every three months or so for years after I left them. Finally I told them I am medically retired and there is no point in proceeding with going back on the road. So those calls stopped.

As far as Meijers, Ive crossed swords with them in the past long ago over unloading. We got it done but it was a messy fiasco and I was not to be welcome back there again. Fast forward some decades and we returned with a load that is specially paid for to be unloaded by the other side of Meijers using their own people. They had it unloaded in 15 minutes. (If they did that with everyone no one would have issues with them. lol) Im still not welcome there lol.

As far as giving out your information online it has value for sale to third parties and so on. It's not difficult to share or sell your number along with say half million other applicants and their data to others to support the web service etc. Because of the Do Not call will help a little you will probably have to change numbers and maybe phones until you gain a quiet number and protect it with apps designed to check and drop any known telemarketer callers etc. You can limit a phone to just the contacts you put into it. All other callers go to voice mail.

8. trucking for family

May 11, 2016
    Michigan
    I would except I run two side businesses one of which is a forum ( I’ll keep it off here I don’t want to violate any policy of this site ) I also run a wood shop on the side in my spare time making furniture my number is registered with it as well as having a LOT of people who need to contact me using that number. Otherwise I’d dump it and get a new one in a heartbeat!

Hindsight says I should have grabbed a prepaid phone for a few weeks.

9. drvrtech77

Mar 20, 2010
    Send them a text stating this...one more text and my atty gets involved for harrassment....i did that that with k&b who got my info from a website and did that...that stopped it immediately and never again.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.