J&R Schugel Trucking

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by wfutch79, Jun 12, 2017.

1. wfutch79

wfutch79 Medium Load Member

Jul 1, 2013
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    All is well my friend! I just have been in a funk lately and not really being social with anyone. I am still chugging away. Staying on a two week out and 2 - 3 days home for now. I am home right now for the night, have to head out at 5am to head down to Fort Lauderdale to deliver and then back here for a few days.

J&R Schugel recently started a pet policy, once I am able to get a pet in my truck I will start to stay out a little longer. It gets lonely on the road, I need a little companionship while on the road. Problem for me is I am in a 2018 truck, they only allow pets in 2014 - 2016 trucks. I have a coupe of phone calls to make on Monday to see if I can get a new truck assignment so I can get a pet and get the details of the policy such as breed and weight restrictions and cost.

But yeah, everything is going good and I am still rolling. I will try to post updates a little more frequent to keep you guys informed, I know I have a lot of people following me on here.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Yeah, @Vic Firth and I were the FIRSTS in your fan club, ya know, man?!?!? I hear you about lonely on the road. I haven't been OTR in a number of years, but back then, there WAS no pet policy; barely a 'wife' policy... (<<< nope, don't say it, hahaha!!) ;) Glad all is doing well, man. I've gotta head out around 0400 myself. Thought I was off this weekend; nope. At least I get a 3 hour stay of 'extraction' from my cave, hahaha!

Vic Firth and wfutch79 Thank this.
  4. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    ps: this kinda looks like me, at the moment, LoL~! ;)
    upload_2017-11-23_18-16-46.jpeg

Vic Firth and SHOJim Thank this.
  5. Vic Firth

Vic Firth Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
    Sorry to hear you have to give up your truck, maybe they'll make an exception.

G13Tomcat and wfutch79 Thank this.
  6. wfutch79

Jul 1, 2013
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    HA! They can have the piece of junk. Not even 30k miles on it yet and the #### power window switch for the drivers window broke ... luckily I know a little redneck engineering and was able to fix it. I pushed it down to put it down when I went through the agriculture inspection station here in Florida then pulled up to take it back up and the SOB popped off. I enjoy driving a new truck but the thing is junk and cheaply made ... I need a real truck. LOL

Lonesome, G13Tomcat and Vic Firth Thank this.
  7. Vic Firth

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
    I believe you're in a pro star, They are junk! I'd ask for a freightliner or a KW.

8. wfutch79

Jul 1, 2013
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    It's actually an LT .... which is the new name of the Prostar beginning in 2018. I would get a Kenworth or Freightliner if they allow me to switch ... that is what their 2014-2016's are. They started getting International's in 2017 I think.

G13Tomcat and Vic Firth Thank this.
  9. Vic Firth

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
    J&R has changed manufacturers several times it probably comes down to which company has the best deal and availability. I remember when they had Volvos which I would prefer over an LT. The prostars where really bad when they had the maxxforce engines! I'm surprised International even survived the nightmare they ran into with those engines!

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  10. wfutch79

Jul 1, 2013
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    On a side note I think I am going to start something I see a few drivers doing but its not being done the way I will do it ....

I am going to be testing live streaming my drives. I do a little gaming streaming here and there on YouTube and Twitch. I am going to try to integrate some of the things I have in my gaming streams on my drive streams. Obviously I won't be able to read comments while driving but I am working on something that will help me with that too, its going to be very cool if it works.

This is just in the planning/testing stage at this point .... if things work out with the tests I will post more details and links to where you can catch the streams.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  11. wfutch79

Jul 1, 2013
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    @G13Tomcat ... I have an update!

I am currently sitting in Tomah, Wisconsin, about 200 miles from my delivery tomorrow evening so I have a little bit of time to kill and post an update.

I came out of the house after Thanksgiving ( we celebrated Saturday after the actual holiday ). I picked up from Catalent in St. Petersburg, FL and went to PCI in Rockford, IL. I then picked up from PCI in Rockford, IL ... love those reloads .... and took the load to Genco in Tobyhanna, PA. It was a drop n hook BUT Genco did not have any of our trailers empty so I had to bobtail down to Pottsville, PA to (hopefully) get an empty at Tyson. Luckily they had one. I picked up my current load the next morning in Winchester, VA, it delivers to Walmart in Mankato, MN tomorrow evening at 1935. I then have a preplan that picks up in Marshall, MN Thursday morning at 0800 and delivers to Orlando, FL Sunday evening at 2100.

I was due home Friday but things did not work out so I am skipping home time and staying out until Christmas, well 12/22 or 12/23.

I have been trying for two days now to get in touch with the person in charge of pet and passenger passes because I desperately need some type of companionship while out here.

Vic Firth, G13Tomcat and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.