Jake Use by Real Truckers

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Defense lawyer, Jun 22, 2018.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    This dates back decades. In my time back in the 80's in the old 5 nut and spoke wheels days with rims sometimes it was necessary to unbolt and remove a hot tire from a hazmat load in a promptly manner. After unhooking from trailer first so that you will protect something of value.

Normally I would not say this, but one of the bag of tricks Ive learned from being near the water of the Chesapeake Bay and associated rivers like Gunpowder with the big rocks on the bottom and hardly any sandy to speak of, if you did have a hot tire, you went into water. Another trick would be to stop right at the fire hall and have them come out and do some drill spraying water on your hot tires without too much trouble. The firehalls Im familiar with are in love to train at a moment's notice. It might cost you a few cartons of smokes and a few other gifts of coffee or whatever else you might have to share with them but they have been usually more than happy to put a bunch of correct cooling where it works best.

I keep going back to firehalls, but these are people with common sense, familiar with large vehicles should you be lost or trapped and especially around 4 ton bridges etc. They are usually more than willing to get out of the kitchen during a meal as a big team of 20 or whatever and come out listen to the problem you have for them and then work out the best way to solve it. Not just solve it but also get you exactly where you need to be.

In places like California where they put NOTHING at all on warehouses, I usually capture me a policeman with the bill of lading in hand and show them that I am on the right street, but which of those copy cat similar looking warehouses do these load of perfume go into?

AHA the third on the left. Excellent thank you.

Just one thought.

There is NO building, I repeat NO building ever built, bought, sold or otherwise used in America without a master data base recording it.a ll they have to do is point a reader at a particular building anywhere and within a few minutes big data hits them with everything known at that structure.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    You know that's really hard to believe , what'd you have for an engine that'd lock up the tires empty on dry pavement.

DSK333 Thanks this.
  4. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Pumped up well built 12v92. Trucks and engines built in the 90s or newer are stupid proof compared to the old ones.

okiedokie Thanks this.
  5. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    I'd like drive one of those once just to say I did. I'll agree with you about new(er) engines being pretty much stupid proofed, as well as boring as a cup of mud.

6. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    Drove a logger that would skid tires on dry pavement with a jake.

spyder7723 Thanks this.
  7. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Be sure and bill him for consultation.

8. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Hammer down!! If you run off road you’ll have enough speed to drive across the frozen tundra back to the road!

Ffx95 Thanks this.
  9. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Your client is screwed. Jake brake caused the accident. Case closed.

10. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Jake should be off, passing cars on icky roads bad idea, many roads now so grooved they move you around.

11. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    My truck is to fast for jakes to be effective.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.