JB HUNT DCS new pay scale hits the drivers income

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by legion1, Apr 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raging Bull69

Raging Bull69 Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2016
    X1Heavy is lying because back in 2001..... elog didn't exist and JB pay back in those days was a minimum of .27 cpm to top pay of .39 cpm. I did a brief stint with JB back in 2005 for 2 months before i quit and they were paying me at the time .27 cpm. Their top drivers who have worked there for years were making in the thirty cents area! They boosted the pay up to the forties cent area when they implemented the elog system. So either it was .38 cpm back in 2001 or .48 cpm in 2011...... which is it??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    JBH Paid a mimimum of 37 cents to experienced drivers, many got 43,45 and 47 to 48 cents.

JB also insituted a program of constant training via computers inside the Little Rock Ternimal off prothro junction. A pair of walls held 20 machines for all sorts of training oppertuniites including the time clock. JB also provided a minivan with 7 drivers inside and stress tested your mini smith driving system knowledge in downtown LR Traffic.

I can go on and on and bury you in my JBH stoires over 3 weeks, YOU do not get to tell everyone that I lie, it is classification as slander. I know my life and I know my truth as I saw it.

Your hostility towards me has earned you a ignore list on my side of the table.

GOOD DAY SIR.

Toomanybikes Thanks this.
  4. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    I got offered a "local" dedicated gig with JBH.

Recruiter:
    - "You'll be home every night"
    - "You'll be off 2 days a week"
    - "You'll average $975 a week"
    - "You'll be pulling bulk"

Honestly, I could swing the pay. Especially if I get to be home every night and off 2 days a week. The HUGE red flag was when I was told it was mileage pay, not hourly. That can only mean one thing. They plan on running you 60-70 hrs a week. Mileage pay keeps them from having to pay over time. Basically, want you to work for $15 an hour.

My response once I heard mileage pay come out of his mouth was laughter followed by "Go sell your b.s. somewhere else. We're all stocked up here".

Yes, I know. I stole that line from Jack Nicholson. :)

Toomanybikes and Western flyer Thank this.
  5. Raging Bull69

Jan 22, 2016
    It is $975 but after taxes and paying for you own benefits.... local drivers go home with maybe $600 a week! If you want a little more than working that extra day on a weekend gets you maybe an extra $50 for the day! Their pay was milage plus $15 for each stop. Detention pay after 1hr and a 1/2. I made more being a western regional driver.... i made up to $1,300 to $1,400 a week before taxes & benefits.

6. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Easy there raging bull. In 2001 jb hunt paid .37cpm
    To start. One year experience required minimum,no less than that and they didn't hire students.

I was there then. There was no students or
    Owner operators then. The OTR driver done almost
    Everything including the rail yards.

Then they realized that no matter how much they paid
    Their drivers there was always some other fool who was
    Perfectly happy making .22 cpm at some other low ball
    Carrier. Keeping the rates for long freight down.

So around 2002,2003 they decided to basically dump
    The whole OTR thing and starve out the 38,40,48 cpm
    Drivers for cheap labor.

That's where you came in. You had no idea you were making
    .15 cpm less than we were after we left.
    Its also when then they started using owner/operators to
    Do the rail yards. Now they do everything there.

They were a 1500 dollar a week OTR job in 2000,
    Now there a 600 dollar week dedicated/regional joke.

I got no beef with them. Made great money the couple
    Of years I was there.

LtlAnonymous and Toomanybikes Thank this.
  7. Blind Driver

Blind Driver Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2006
    New Albany, IN
    I may start with JB hauling Toyota frames fr .45 a mile and home on weekends. With everything included, it could be as high as $70k a year.

Never thought I would consider working for them :p

8. Raging Bull69

Jan 22, 2016
    That's why i left after 2 months back in 2005.... they sure low balled me! At .27 cpm.... i worked so much and still only made less than $400 a week!! I ended up leaving for a job that paid me .39 cpm and gave me 3,000 plus every week!! I made over $1,000 after taxes every week or more!! Jb hunt screws their drivers in So. Cali.

9. The Patriot

The Patriot Heavy Load Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Greenville,Ohio
    I see these drivers out there wearing JB Hunt DCS uniforms like they are proud professionals....cracks me up.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2017
    Reason for edit: Skirting the filter
    Western flyer Thanks this.
  10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I didn't realize there was something wrong with taking pride in one's work.

11. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    The Jb Hunt of 99, when I started isnt anything like it was only a few years later. Their drivers wore uniforms, were clean cut and had alot of pride. I had many of them offer kindly advice to an up and coming greenhorn.

It is really amazing how much this industry has fallen. I just hope it lasts long enough for me to retire before the robot trucks take everything else

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.