JB Hunt in Michigan

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by johnday, Dec 13, 2008.

1. johnday

johnday Road Train Member

I know how a lot feel about JB, please, let's not get into any of that for now.
    Are there any current or ex drivers for them that know what they have in Michigan, such as home centers, freight, etc? How often would you be going to Canada, if much at all? Do they allow inverters?
    I think they may be a fit for me, maybe not at first, but possibly later on. Due to my wifes health, I need to be a little closer to home than the SE.
    Canada is not a problem for me, and really, NYC isn't either, although I'd rather not be there, but will if needed. Thanks in advance to anyone that can give some good objective info.:biggrin_25519:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. johnday

No one has anything? With the amount of bad mouthing JB, it would seem like someone knows something about them.LOL:biggrin_25526:

4. Waterloo

Waterloo Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Grass Lake, MI
    John,

Give them a call and ask about intermodal. I would also call Schneider, as they were looking for local/regional drivers in the Saginaw and Bay city areas a few weeks ago. I'll take a look on the internal Schneider board for you. And are you a company driver or o/o'p? The jobs I saw were for company guys, start at 50+ a year.

Mike

5. Waterloo

Nov 16, 2008
    Grass Lake, MI
    John,

I checked the Schneider job board, and those Michigan jobs are gone. But, I would still give Schneider a call, along with JB. You never know. And I know for a fact that Schneider does have plenty of freight, the sole reason I leased on with them. So far, so good. Two of my buddies just signed on with them, they just finished orientation and are on their first loads pulling them pumpkin trailers. It ain't specialized flat bed pay, but it is keeping our homes heated and the lights on.

Mike

6. johnday

Thanks Mike
    Right now, JB has accepted me, but still not too late to change my mind. A while back I talked to Schneider, I liked the Idea of working out of Woodhaven, and doing the Ca. runs. At that time they weren't taking anyone else on.
    Yeah, I'm a company driver. JB was advertising jobs out of West Branch, that's only 60 miles away from Barton City. As it is, I'm "still" in Monroe for a bit longer, but since JB had that advert, I thought I'd try to work with them, and relocate to where I really care to be.
    But please, I'd appreciate any info you can give me.:biggrin_25525:

7. johnday

Thanks Mike.
    Looks like we were posting at the same time. Yepper, I'll give Schneider call Monday AM. Like you said, you never know. Thanks again.:biggrin_25525:

8. Waterloo

Nov 16, 2008
    Grass Lake, MI
    And John, when you call Schneider, ask specifically about intermodal. If you are in Monroe MI, Schneider has an intermodal terminal right down the street in Toledo, OH. One of the guys I went through orientation with was heading there. The pay was good along with time off.

Mike

9. Locdrjr

Locdrjr Light Load Member

May 19, 2008
    Eaton Rapids , MI
    JB runs dedicated Meijer loads out the Lansing DC, they get home every night...I have a friend who runs for them there

10. johnday

Mike, I just filled out an online app, and will follow up with a phone call Monday. I'll mention intermodal. Thanks much, I'll let ya know what happens next week, I'm heading for Barton City shortly.:biggrin_25525:

11. johnday

Home every night???!!! Man, that's a dream come true!!! Just where are the home centers, and just what exactly are they? The recruiter keeps telling me to ask my FM, DM, whatever you call them once I get in. No, I don't care for that, but sometimes I may be a bit TOO patient.:biggrin_255:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.