JB Hunt late invoices

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Chattduck, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Chattduck

Chattduck Light Load Member

Oct 1, 2013
    North Ga
    Have 2 outstanding invoices on JB Hunt loads, one 90 days and one 60 days. The have shut down all communication. We plan to file on their bond next week. Kinda curious because we have never had trouble with them before.
    Thoughts?

6wheeler Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    That's too long. I've done a few loads for them lately and used app 360 so they paid me quick and free. As a matter of fact the last check I received from them was last Monday. I don't do ACH with them, they mail checks to my address.
    Call them again with some creativity. Try to call the person who gave you the load and insist on providing a better contact, I am sure they will eventually pay you. If you do 15 loads for them they might even offer you one year free subscription for XM Radio.

feldsforever and Brettj3876 Thank this.
  4. Opendeckin

Opendeckin Medium Load Member

May 20, 2018
    It took me 6 months to get paid on an invoice from JB Hunt from January this year. No claims or problems with the load. They gave me the run around for months and didn't pay until I finally filed on their bond.

I'd suggest you file on their bond ASAP and never work with them again.

feldsforever and 6wheeler Thank this.
  5. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    It took me 6 months to get an invoice paid from a TONU of $150. I had to call the broker two times that day of canceling the load after I got there to get a TONU confirmation. Then going through several emails, and phone calls after 6 months they sent the payment to the wrong address. They sent it to a factoring company that I had not used in years and this was after I sent them several invoices with a release letter to my correct address.

For some reason the really large trucking companies can not handle brokerage. TMC, Mercer, JB Hunt.

Me personally I don't file on bonds, I sue them in my county court. Bonds are subject to being rejected or discounted. If you sue them you can add your own court cost. I add about $500 for taking them to court, a days worth of trucking, compensatory charges

6. Opendeckin

Opendeckin Medium Load Member

May 20, 2018
    Almost all the contracts require you to go to court in their state and/or county?

7. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019

How many times have you done that? How have the cases gone? Your local court or the brokers location? Have you received the full amount plus the extras?

8. 6wheeler

Aug 30, 2009
    Check with your local court with the Clerk of the Court, they will be very helpful and glad to help.
    Because your trucking business is in your county that the broker is doing business with it gives you as they call it, subject matter or jurisdiction to sue. You'll want to ask the Clerk of the Court to use the long arm of the law to file a civil suit for money owed to your business.

9. 6wheeler

Aug 30, 2009
    I sued 1 brokerage company for failing to pay a TONU. When I arrived at the receiver I asked the shipper to provide me proof that I was there, they wrote me a letter. Pictures of a sign in sheet will do or dash cam and logbook as evidence will do. They settled out of court for $500 before the first appearance.

I also have sued a large trucking company, and about 4 different telemarketer's for violating the do not call register list, TCPA. Won all of them.

Currently am suing a debt collector for false reporting to my credit report. Should win that one in April.

Sued 2 different landlords for falsely keep my deposits. Both settled out of court before it was heard

Sued a guy for backing into me with his car in a parking lot, but lost that one because of Virginia's insurance law of "contributory negligence" I guess I was in the way when he backed into me. Go figure. Alabama has the same law

Beaver9, JolliRoger and 77fib77 Thank this.
  10. Chattduck

Oct 1, 2013
    North Ga
    Over the past few months, we have talked to multiple people in accounts payable at jb hunt, all promising to get us paid. There were no problems with the load. Everyone that we have communicated with now will not answer their phone, return calls, or return emails.
    A complaint was files thru Truckstop, they reviewed everything, then sent Hunt a letter giving them 7 days to reply. Got no response, so Truckstop dinged their credit and put a note for all carriers to see.
    So, we're filing on the bond this week.
    And, when I pass a big warehouse complex, or sitting in traffic, or wherever the mood strikes I make sure everyone within 10 miles who runs a cb knows that JB Hunt may be in financial trouble.

Opendeckin, 77fib77 and 6wheeler Thank this.
  11. Chattduck

Oct 1, 2013
    North Ga
    So, we contacted their bonding company, providing them the bol's and rate confirmations. Next day, we received an email fron the bonding company with a summary letter and case number which was to be forwarded to JB Hunt.
    Almost a week later, we received a call from JB Hunt's accounts payable stating that our invoices have been put in their system and would be paid at the end of Dec. Check for both loads received Jan 4.
    Guess the process works eventually.

77fib77, Opendeckin, Vampire and 3 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.