Jb hunt mission foods out of Texas ?

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by peterrumbler, Jun 11, 2013.

1. peterrumbler

peterrumbler Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Any Jb hunt driver know anything about the mission foods account. I was offerred this position that hauls to mission foods using pallet jacks to unload, $15.00 a stop and .38 a mile 2400 miles weekly night driving. I would like to take the position as it offers weekly home time and about 1100 weekly out of dallas tx. Are these accounts legit. I have heard stories of drivers showing up to Jb orientation and they are given different jobs or sent home. I like the company I am at and don't want to leave for no reason. Any info would be helpful from current Jb hunt drivers would be appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. yessir

yessir Medium Load Member

Apr 17, 2013
    queens, ny
    Don't lie on your app, pass their drug screen test and you will be alright but they may send you home if they find something they didn't know about and most of the time the driver may not be aware of what the ex-employer put on you dac. Tell your current employer you are going on a leave of absence then switch over to Jb hunt, and call them later on and tell them you are not coming back

ewill71 Thanks this.
  4. Sublime

Sublime Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Twin Cities, MN
    JB is taking over the Mission Foods accts all over the country by apparently way undercutting Penske who's been doing them. We haul these loads for Penske and have some regular runs, they pay WAY better than JB has offered you. We go into a lot of mom and pop operations making deliveries in some tight areas but the pay made up for the hassle. From what I hear up here none of the actual Penske drivers are going to JB.

5. Casual Trucker

Casual Trucker Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2012
    JB Hunt is On the Sh******T List with me We no longer haul for this company they may offer job's to every one his brother, They can go to church 7 days a week or they can introduce a New Holy book from GOD.
    They Stole 18Hrs Detention Time From us X $50 Hr = $900 @ Target Distribution
    This Snake of a company Try to Align Themselves with GOD & Country to make you think that they are your nice neighbor when they truly are the Devil Advocate.
    This is the company that got started by slashing rates and steeling drivers wages they invented the CHECK IN THE MAIL Story
    These are the type of companies that hire green horn's Dump them on john doe public and Brag about some safety record that never exists they try to make you think that they care a bout safety but then they turn you loose after a few weeks of training

Crashes reported to FMCSA by states for 24 months prior to: 06/10/2013

Note: Crashes listed represent a motor carrier's involvement in reportable crashes, without any determination as to responsibility.

Crashes: [TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TH="class: querylabelbkg, width: 20%, align: right"]Type[/TH]
    [TH="class: querylabelbkg, width: 20%, align: center"]Fatal[/TH]
    [TH="class: querylabelbkg, width: 20%, align: center"]Injury[/TH]
    [TH="class: querylabelbkg, width: 20%, align: center"]Tow[/TH]
    [TH="class: querylabelbkg, width: 20%, align: center"]Total[/TH]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH="class: querylabelbkg, align: right"]Crashes[/TH]
    [TD="class: queryfield, align: center"]18[/TD]
    [TD="class: queryfield, align: center"]235[/TD]
    [TD="class: queryfield, align: center"]462[/TD]
    [TD="class: queryfield, align: center"]715[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

6. peterrumbler

peterrumbler Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2011
    I always heard the dollar store accounts were good with jb.Is the pay legit though, will I be able to make the 56k yrly as advertised or close to that ?

7. ewill71

ewill71 Heavy Load Member

Oct 3, 2011
    mcgregor tx
    its nice to know people post BS stats, You could have copied those stats and Oh say it JB, cause it is false/

8. Sublime

Sublime Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Twin Cities, MN
  9. yessir

yessir Medium Load Member

Apr 17, 2013
    queens, ny
    The guy who post the safety record get fired from jb hunt for a reason or other and he is mad tryna make them look bad but guess what if you don't drive for jb hunt today, tomorrow or next month you will in the next five years message from unknown hunt lol:biggrin_25519:

10. cjm12

cjm12 Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2015
    I was offered that to yesterday..but was told it's home nightly

11. cjm12

cjm12 Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2015
    U took it? I was offered the home nightly but out 1 night a week deal

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.