JB HUNT New Recruits

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by LookemntheEye, Oct 6, 2008.

How should Fleet & Driver Managers be compensated?

1. *

Hourly/Minimum Wage

16.3%
  2. *

Salary/Dependant on # Drivers

15.4%
  3. *

Average pay of what his drivers make.

64.4%
  4. *

Salary w/ Max $ Amount Regardless of # Drivers

6.7%
  1. LookemntheEye

LookemntheEye Bobtail Member

Sep 30, 2008
    :biggrin_25525:Good Day my Future Fellow Truckers,

I would like to share some insight on this company of you are interested in working for them. First of all let me start off by informing you of what they will tell you at orientation.. the very FIRST thing.. "Welcome new drivers to JB HUNT.....Please dont believe anything you hear that is negative about this company". This will be told to you as soon as class starts and then it is all down hill from there. During the course of 3 days of orientation you will see many drivers leaving the classroom for 1 reason or another...they are the LUCKY ones... they won't be back. The instructors will act as if you are best friends and try to sell you everything so that you can get the least amount of money on you're check.. say no to everything for the time being, chances are..YOU wont be there for 3 months..they will convenietley forget to inform you that you cant change you're mind on anything you agree to for 3 months..of course this will be told to you after you have signed and if they do tell you you can withdrawal or change... they will pass the buck telling you can call Corporate and they will change it... it won't happen. They will give you a nice shiny yellow JB HUNT credit Card and tell you "ITS just like a Mastercard".. cant be used everywhere" ..Negative . If you do get lucky and it works, JB HUNT will charge you $5 and then of course you get charged from where you used it and it will be deducted from you're pay.Instuctors will ask "If you should need an advance before you get you're truck, "JB HUNT will give it to you because they want to take care of there drivers".. they also will charge you $10...deducted from you're pay. You will be asked if you want direct deposit, you can sign yes and it will be disregarded and you're weekly settlement will come on the JB HUNT Comdata card anyway...know why..so they can CHARGE you to get your money out. The instructors will make a good attempt to sit with you in class at the computer filling out the information for direct deposit and then suddenly the computers will malfunction and you will be instructed that you can contact corporate and they will do it... Negative.. corporate will tell you to do it on your home computer . The orientation " 2008 DRIVERS MANUAL" handbook that will be given to you...JB HUNT reserves the right to disregard any and all policies that are within this book,which means they can deny you anything and that includes certain types of pay..., layover, short haul, shuttle runs, ect.ect.This will be told to you when you have a dispute in regards to pay after you have been hired. You will be required to attend from 7 am until 5 pm which will be placed on your logs, however for pay purposes, you will be asked to sign for only 8 hours of pay, which is what you will only be compensated for. After the first day of orientation you will feel something inside...kinda feels like you're being scammed..Guess what ..you are. If you complete orientation and get in a truck, You will regret the day you let the recruiter with the soft southern voice entice you to come to orientation. This companys staff at Lowell AR. are deceptive, untrustworthy, manipulative and can and will falsify anything and everthing to justify their actions..they will enjoy breaking you down, and yes they will break you and you know what..they wont lose any sleep over it...they will have another 30 men and women waiting to go to orientation on Monday and Tuesday. Thats 60 recruits a week, 240 a month. You gotta ask yourself.. Do they really have that many trucks? Why such a huge turnover? You already have your answer.

cjansen37, david07003, MM71 and 5 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Please do not change the wording of quoted posts.

Thank You

4. doubledragon5

doubledragon5 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Lewisville TX
    three months, I left after just 3 weeks LOL...

5. Dukefan8408

Dukefan8408 Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Amarillo, TX
  6. violator

violator Bobtail Member

May 21, 2009
    Louisville Kentucky
    I am an LP with J.B.Hunt and when I complained that I wanted to get more than 1700 miles,(which gets me a whole $400.00 after deductions) I was sent to drug testing, I suppose they thought I was on drugs to complain about wanting to be properly paid for having to stay out 3 weeks, not getting the home time asked for, having my bills pile up, and having to deal with a DISPATCHER ( not fleet manager) that could not care less about the driver.

7. pittsburghpa

pittsburghpa Bobtail Member

Nov 13, 2008
    columbus,Ohio
    I was interested in this company j.b hunt but I think i will change my mind

naps Thanks this.
  8. roadkill4512

roadkill4512 Medium Load Member

May 9, 2008
    Lancaster,PA
    Pittsburgh,

Most of the "drivers" that post the whiny comments are rejects that don't own up to their own failures. I hear them complaining at the terminals and at truck stops. Most are in predicaments of their own making. Bad work ethic, poor time management, abrasive personalities, etc. I hear them whine about not getting miles one minute yet they mention that they turned down this load or that load.

I've worked on a JB DCS acct for about 15 months. I make over 39 cents a miles. I drive a well maintained double bunk condo Century equipped with a bunk heater, sunroof, privacy curtains and airline style cabinets. In this down economy I've been averaging 2400-2600 miles a week and get a restart every weekend. I also get accessory pay for hazmat and Canada loads. I have a 401k with a 25% company match and excellent low cost health insurance with Blue Cross that the company pays a generous amount of the premium.

I have always gotten home when I requested. Not only that but they allow me to take my truck home and even pay me hub miles to my house.

If I choose to, I am entitled to 6 days of hometime every month. If I'm delivering within 75 miles or so from my house they will usually allow me to take the load thru the house.

When I had my orientation in Columbus they put me up in a very nice hotel that was actually a suite with a fridge, microwave, stove, two TVs and a desk. They paid for three meals a day. And of course paid in full for my transportation to and from.

Horrible isn't it? Well I guess it doesn't take much to please me. I manage to make ends meet at $975 a week. So maybe others consider that starvation money, but call me frugal I get by.

I wish you the best in your job pursuits Pittsburgh. I'm just saying take everything with a grain of salt. You might get a better perspective from going to a truck stop and talk with someone who still is in a JB truck instead of reading what a jilted ex-JB driver says.

9. Dukefan8408

Dukefan8408 Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Amarillo, TX
    Thats great that you made that much and got your whole 6 days home wowsers. Im so proud. Me, I started out at 34 cpm, never late, always early by 30 mins. They moved me to 29 cpm promising more home time to go NC to Ohio loop. Worked out for 1 month. Got home for 36 hrs every weekend was getting 2600+ miles a week 800 dollar checks which btw is not worth being out 24/7, and then they switched dms around then i got home if i was lucky every 2 weeks for 36 whole hours. Still i sucked it up and drove and was always on time ***except for the time where they tried sending me down 4 different residential areas where the truck couldnt get by but with 2 inches on each side before hitting parked cars, then told me to turn right into a road that lead only to a golf course, wow were they pissed. I still suck it up and kept driving doing what i was told, oh and btw when they switched dms my miles dropped from 2600+ to 1200-2000 if i was lucky. Still didnt complain I had a job in a recession. Went home 1 weekend got in an accident that wasnt my fault in my car so I had to get a rental. Nice 2010 g6, got a nice pretty ticket for *accidental spinning of tires** "oh were sorry its christmas time and the ticket doesn't mean #### but we cant have a driver that is a risk and gets tickets" bye bye check, bye bye bad times, welcome good times. Moved to Texas found a local job in 2 weeks, making 600+ a week to get home every night to bang my wife and take a shower in my own house sleep in my own bed. So you can take your 6 days a month and 975 a week and be happy, bet im happier, JB firing me was the BEST thing that could possible happen.

david07003 Thanks this.
  10. roadkill4512

roadkill4512 Medium Load Member

May 9, 2008
    Lancaster,PA
    Good for you Duke. We all live with the choices we make. You're happy. I'm happy. To each his own.

I realize others would not want to live by my decisions just as many would not want to live by yours.

Good luck to you.

naps Thanks this.
  11. Mike1961

Mike1961 Bobtail Member

Feb 16, 2010
    York, Pa.
    Roadkill, You still with JB Hunt? If so, how's it going?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.