JB Hunt to lower truck speeds

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by sayter_74, Sep 25, 2008.

1. sayter_74

sayter_74 Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2008
    I'm not a driver,but am a deisel tech # JB Hunt.I wont say which terminal though.We were just trained and qualified to start turning down trucks to 62 mph. 2 million mile drivers will keep the're trucks # 65mph.They have'nt started yet cause they are gathering info on the drivers as to who gets what and such. They want to keep it quiet for now cause they dont want a mass exodus.....as if that dont happen already.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sgreer78

sgreer78 Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2008
    St Louis, MO
    When did they go up from 62 to 65 in the first place?

4. AspiringTrucker

AspiringTrucker Light Load Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Albuquerque, NM
    My truck is at 65 and I pass JB all the time, I figured they were already at 62-63.

5. rikdev50s

rikdev50s Medium Load Member

Aug 12, 2008
    Greer, SC
    I drive for a company that turned our trucks down from 68 to 65mph a the first of this year. I don't see too much of a problem with going slower, it just takes a few extra minutes to get from pint a to point b. LOL I don't pay for the fuel so I don't have a say in the matter. Yes it can be a bit of a problm to pass now but I have to plan to get by another truck so I don't hold up the suppertruckers. LOL My thought is if you leave a company because they turned down your truck then you are going to have a hard time finding another job somewhere else. Thats Life live with it or get out.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.