JB mission foods regional out of pendagrass GA

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by Blloutdriver, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Blloutdriver

Blloutdriver Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2016
    Hi guys, I'm new on this forum. I was offered this job. I really need to verify n ask if anyone did this account before.
    Questions- Will I be able to make up to 52k, will I get the miles. Is home time guarantee. Is what they offered true or false?
    • .40 CPM (2100-2300/week avg)
    • $20/stop (14/week avg)
    • $1000 weekly avg
    • Training is normally 1-2 weeks paid at $850 a week.
    • $52,000 yearly avg
    Time off/Shift:

• 34 hour reset on the weekend (Saturday's off) driver could be by the house a couple times a week
    • Route will leave out SUNDAY to start the week
    • Weekly start times will be based on routes.
    Position Details:

• Consistent weekly routes that will include day and night driving and will utilize electric pallet jacks and lift gates for unloading
    • Multi-stop deliveries
    • Regional position where drivers will deliver Mission food products to Mission Foods distributors and food service customers
    • Food product that is either in a dry van or reefer trailer
    • Permanently assigned Conventional trucks that will be parked at the account for time off.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You can potentially make 52K if you are careful and do it right.

JBH paid me .48 a mile on hire in late 2001 out of Little Rock Prothro Junction Arkansas, I stood to make approximately 3000 that first month= net after taxes. The reason I left were a accumulated lack of medical and dental care over 20 plus years until the body started breaking down. It's timely that I left then because there were certain situations discovered inside of me that could have either killed me or gotten someone or several someones killed.

You will have constant training with them.

Im the last of my kind as far as being wild cat and ignoring the laws or speed etc and JBH was the last company I wanted to ever run for. However... instead of being teased and treated badly due to the bathroom hand towel crank labeled JBH Landing Gear simulator... The company pays perfect instantly on the qualcomm the moment your 5th wheel goes CLANK on the Kingpin of the load you just picked up. And they resolved a accident in the St Louis area where someone ran into my steer wheel on the left in traffic which happened to have a box of computers inside his bed totaling the computer (3000 dollars) and a dent in his side panel (Another 700)

You will recieve training constantly and if you are identified as with potential you are going to find yourself being provided more training and possibly a changing career path.

The one thing I must warn you about. JBH tends to put 7 of you inside a minivan and then take it into downtown making critical assessment of your driving skills for the SMITH system. I was having a hard time with 7 Drivers criticizing me as we all criticized each other the instructor finally told me are you trying to ######### me?

Ive been stressed many times. But never like that with that stoopid minivan, cripes it's like a paper cut, those things hurt.

4. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    I'm on a Mission Foods Account but up in Mpls Minnesota. The pay you are being told is the same as mine except for im paid $22 dollars per stop. The 52k potential earnings would be very low for my account. If the GA Mission does the production volume the Mn. plant does the 52k is gonna be closer to your net/ take home pay not gross becuz thats what it's been for me so far and Ive been running with them for 23 weeks so far.
    U will be delivering to distributors Mission Foods products and they deliver on to stores or restaurants etc.. We deliver to storage unit lockers or storage warehouses. Almost always unmanned so you rarely see people. Good and bad. Probably 50/50 or even 60/40 lift gate/ loading dock stops. Electric pallet jacks do make things a lot easier as long as you don't get a bad or uncharged one. Some of the locations can be a bit tight for big trucks. Not impossible but keeps you on ur toes and ur first visits get a bit nerve racking. If you live close to the account (I live 26 miles away) you could be in ur own bed 4 times a week. Probly during the day time during the week though. Resets vary so could be any where from 36-60 hours. Mine fluctuates a bit but lately closer to the 60. When it's shorter I make 200 more bucks so..... As long as you catch on decently you will probly be on ur own in as little as a week and a half. If its a regional account you will be in ur own truck. Equipment is fine, don't worry about all the safety terrorism you may have read about. Finally feel free to PM me and I could tell u more about my account. I could even ask some questions in my office and maybe find out more about GA Mission account.

5. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Also I just noticed one thing we run about 2 reefer loads a week for the entire account( over 220 individual accounts) so not real sure about that. I've yet to run one. You also will probably be running over night. Way closer to a third shift type job. Also there is a bit of a senority thing but mainly the guys there the longest have a pretty set schedule of runs that rarely change. It's not like the new guys get the crap low paying runs so still plenty of money to be made. It just may take a few months to fall into a static schedule so ur body clock has a tough time at first. I've been on a very static schedule of runs for about 2 1/2 months now.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.