JET-Lag's adventures with Maverick

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by Pegasus, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Pegasus

Pegasus Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2011
    in the universe
    Well, James aka JET-Lag called me today. Him: "ARGH! I love when they give me ALL the information I need to find where I need to deliver! They gave me the city and the fact that the state starts with the letter "M" and the phone number but I need the FULL state name because there are TOO MANY states starting with the letter "M"!" Me: "Well, give me the area code of the phone number and the city name and I will narrow it down for you." Him: "The area code is 601 and the city name is Madison." Me: (after Googling +"area code" +601 and pulling up Mapquest) "Well, the area code is in Mississippi" (I fill in Madison, Mississippi in Mapquest) "and there is indeed a Madison, Mississippi just off of I55". Him: "Thank you - looks like I WILL be making it home this weekend. Would have been nice had they given me everything I needed but I guess they would not want to be TOO nice to the driver's, huh?" Me: "Well, just be glad that I had power and Internet when you called LOL"

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LSAgentOZR

LSAgentOZR Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Does he not have a smart phone? Might be a very good investment.

4. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Smart phone is a definite plus.

5. Pegasus

Aug 27, 2011
    in the universe
    Yes, he has a smart phone just does not know how to use the Internet on it. Something else I need to teach him. He has AT&T Navigator on the Palm Pixi Plus he is using but needed to know the state that Madison was in (he knew it was not Madison, Wisconsin because he had "M" as the first letter of the state that the Madison he was looking for was in). If he knew how to use the Internet on the Palm Pixi, he could have gone to Google and to Mapquest all on his own :biggrin_2559: - after all I did that a number of times on that same phone because it used to be MY phone, he broke HIS that was the same model.

Addition, decided to put the Palm battery that is at home back into hubby's Palm Pixi Plus and it is currently showing that it is charging (well, shows it is fully charged and it powered up) and is powered up for the first time since he dropped it so I will be keeping it fully charged and will not be turning it off for ANY reason, turn off the ringer "YES", turn the actual PHONE off "NO".

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  6. sparkn

sparkn Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2011
    USA
    Macro 31. Read all the signs. Figure out where it is when you run out of directions. Works for me. Living on the bleeding edge of faith. 'cuz the qualcomm is never wrong....more than once or twice a week anyway.

7. Pegasus

Aug 27, 2011
    in the universe
    Yep, Madison is like Fayetteville and Gainesville and Melbourne and Jacksonville and Arlington - one of those cities that occurs more than one place in the world.

8. Pegasus

Aug 27, 2011
    in the universe
    Oh, the joys of "inheriting" hubby's Palm Pixi that he dropped. He had the alarm set to 4:30 AM and did not warn me to check the alarm setting so I got woken up by this LOUD jangling sound and six cats howling because of the sound. Only problem with that is that I tend to be an insomniac who usually falls asleep around 2 AM. Had to call "the master of this phone" for instructions on how to turn the noise off. He knew I was displeased by the way I was talking and knew why because the noise was still happening as we were talking LOL. Worse part was when it first occurred I had difficulty figuring out (A) where it was coming from (alarm clock has no ability to make that noise unless I set it to "radio wakeup" and the radio is playing that sound - no, not coming from the TV - no, computer speakers are off at the time - oh, crikey, it is the durn phone but not a phone call because all ring tones are songs by Alabama) and (B) why did I not hear it yesterday morning (oh, yeah, battery was out of that phone yesterday morning!).

Other joys, had to reset the ringtones to things I can stand but, hey, have to do that every time I replace my phone by upgrading so that is not a big deal; resetting the wallpaper; putting apps on it that are on my phone and I like to use; making sure the contact list is up to date for me.

9. Pegasus

Aug 27, 2011
    in the universe
    JET-Lag had a very good week, he got about 2,700 miles in that will show up on his check.

10. Evil_E

Evil_E Heavy Load Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Dexter,MI
    Glad to hear that he is doing well. Is he still happy that he made Maverick his choice?

11. Pegasus

Aug 27, 2011
    in the universe
    Yes, he is. Also happy to be home for the anniversary cake (actual anniversary is this coming Wednesday but I KNOW he will not be here for that - might be home for part of my birthday, though).

Evil_E Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.