JJ Truck Stop I30 #106 Malvern AR

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Killer60148, Aug 9, 2012.

1. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    One sit down meal at a truck stop is about $20, including a tip. That's $600 a month. I spend about $30 to $40 a week to stock my fridge. I can't justify the extra cost.

I fuel exclusively at TA and Petro and use the credits for reserve parking. It's not on me to figure out how to give them more money. It's on them to offer products and services at a price that entices a driver to open their wallet. If they can't do that, then they need to close the doors... it's just business.

bzinger Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    A Steak maybe...
    I average about $15 per day 1 good meal- 4 days a week on the road (I work 4 on 3 off these days)

And its MORE than just about the money- Forget the T&A right now0- Were talking REAL truckstops- Not overpriced travel centers catered to Yuppie rich people.

So,It costs you $30-$40 per week for your fridge- and it costs me $60 per week to have my food prepared for me- Especially when Ive worked all day- Thats what Good waitresses are for- To Provide-Kinda like a Nurse when your Hurting.

Too many Guys THESE DAYS take trucking like its "Survival of the fittest" Cutting Corners and Costs- Living like they are on a very tight budget, Still in the military., Not a way to live.

4. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    If I could not justify the cost of a sit down meal, I would never drive a truck.
    I see post after post of guys claiming to be bringing in 12 to 1600 or better a week, telling newbies they should not be working so cheap, even to get a start, yet in the next sentence, all companies are holding our wages back, to where we are not getting what we are worth, and now can't afford to eat a meal. geesh
    If I felt that way about this industry I would have never been in it to start with.
    When I ran otr, I wanted to sit down and relax, have someone bring my coffee, plus refills and a meal, a real meal. I would generally just eat a real meal once a day, but I wanted to sit down and have a cup or two of coffee the next morning before I left for the day too, and planned my stops accordingly.
    The very last thing I would want to do after a day of driving would be to fix my own meal.

kemosabi49 and stayinback Thank this.
  5. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Im the same way.....Good Post

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.