JKC Trucking co-owner Mike Kucharski says trucks won't go to cities that defund police.

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Cattleman84, bzinger and Ffx95 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    My guess is, he's also trying to avoid lawsuits.
    Sends driver there and they get hurt or killed, then family sues ; "You sent my loved one to a place, knowing their life would be in danger."

Coffey, Cattleman84 and bzinger Thank this.
  4. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Hmmmmm.....not sure what to make of that. I cant speak on it because I haven't ran into that problem through all of this. If he feels that's what's best for his drivers, I ain't mad at him.

bzinger and Chinatown Thank this.
  5. olddog_newtricks

olddog_newtricks Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2018
    That's a good start. But it would actually matter if a company like Prime or Cr England made that type of announcement. I say starve them out. But you know that won't happen. There are too many cut rate bottom feeders out there who will be willing to haul into those places.

bzinger and Northern Nomad Thank this.
  6. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    So if it got desperate out there and they offered you $10.00/mile. You'd not take it?

gentleroger, bzinger and Gdog66223 Thank this.
  7. olddog_newtricks

olddog_newtricks Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2018
    No amount of money would be enough.

8. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I have a good friend that works for a dairy company in north Minneapolis and says the thugs there just do whatever they want to now , dont stop at controlled intersections, drag race on the streets , park in travel lanes, brandish guns at people etc etc .
    No way in hell I'd go there .

9. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i feel that as someone asked, if offered $10.00 a mile, would you still take it, and the other poster saying, "no amount of money would be enough"

that money is not the real bottom line issue here.

it's the safety of the driver first, the damages to the equipment second.

the load, who gives a crap.

a persons life is worth more than the truck

the truck/trailer are worth more than the hassle of going thru an insurance claim, and let's note something right here and now,

READ nearly ANY insurance company's disclaimer on how they view riots and civil unrest when it comes time to pay off that claim.

many insurance companies simply DO NOT pay out, for such instances, no more than they'd pay out for an act of war.

now, on my CAR insurance, there is that disclaimer of non-payment.

so, why should a trucking company suffer the loss of a driver, and the equipment?

if those moronic protesters want to riot, let them, and let them kill each other.

i think @Chinatown posted a news story about some moron protester, SHOOTING at a jeep trying to get thru the protesting, on the road..??

(if it was not @Chinatown ) than it was at another website that i browse.

but violence FROM the protesters is an all too real thing, as well as injury and death.

so NO, $10.00 per mile, even with some sort of bonus, is not worth it.

i say if the city defunds, or disbands the police..??

SCREW THEM.........and i'll bet in time, they will cower down to the law.

in fact, in my opinion.??

the law ought to go in and use "street sweepers", better known as SHOTGUNS, and wipe them all out.

ENOUGH OF THIS BULLCRAP.........

here is that MORON protester, that shot up a jeep....23 years old, and he knows everything....

Samuel Young, Alleged Shooter During Elijah McClain Protest, Faces Attempted Murder Charges

he has blond curly hair, i am sure he will have LOT's of lovers in jail.....

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  10. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Amen ! And exactly what my auto and truck insurance says also .
    I'm 57 now and have have been watching Minneapolis go down the tubes since my mid teens ..left for good in 1987 and what was once a decent neighborhood had descended from nice old Victorian homes to drug houses from 1975 to 87 ...all my relatives and friends fled Minneapolis in the late 80s .
    Never dreamt it would sink to the depths it recently has tho .
    Dam DFLers ruined the msp area and the chickens have come home to roost .
    The home my father poured his sweat into in north Minneapolis in the 70s is a ghetto now ..#### shame !!

drvrtech77 and buddyd157 Thank this.
  11. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    Used to break my dads heart when he went up north and visited his childhood neighborhood of Muskegon Michigan and ride by his childhood home .

buddyd157 and bzinger Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.