JM Turbo Technology Would you buy it or not?

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Leopard, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Leopard

Leopard Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Aurora , IL
    Hello, hope everyone is doing great. Really looking for an advice on a Turbo distributor named JM TURBO TECHNOLOGY. Have anyone bought and what would be your opinion on buying this brand. This is for a twin turbo CAT BXS. please share if you know any useful information. Thank you very much..!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CousinVinny

CousinVinny Medium Load Member

Jan 26, 2015
    New Jersey
    The google reviews are scary. Lots of reviews from many different types of engines that I happen to be familiar with (Audi 2.7T, 7.3 Powerstroke, misc. truck engines, etc.) and these all read like legit bad news.

4. me myself and I

me myself and I Heavy Load Member

Oct 5, 2009
    vernon hills,Il
    I've put it on my ISX few years ago. Had no problem for 6 months till ive sold it

Leopard Thanks this.
  5. McMahons Trucking

McMahons Trucking Light Load Member

Jul 4, 2018
    I put one on a Cat 3406 because i needed one in a pinch. Spend the extra money on a good one. The JM turbo is a POS.

Leopard Thanks this.
  6. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    The JM Turbo is Made in China.

It’s basically a hit or miss with this product.

I installed one on my friend’s 2000 Volvo with a Detroit S60 12.7 back in 2016 and it had some shaft play after a month, which made it contact the side walls of the impeller housing.

We R&R it and took back to them for warranty and they blamed it on dirty oil and not letting the turbo cool down after a hard pull. It wasn’t covered under warranty.

My friend reluctantly paid $200 to have the impeller shaft replaced and we reinstalled it with no further problems to date.

7. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    When it comes to critical parts like that, go OEM or with something reputable from the aftermarket. Last thing you want is the oil seal on the impeller to leak and have a runaway. An extra $1k or so is cheap compared to a new engine IMO.

spsauerland and Rounded_nut Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.