Job application

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by sanjay1992, Apr 20, 2017.

1. sanjay1992

sanjay1992 Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Hi all,

Recently I was looking for a new challenge which brought me to Canada.
    Who am I? I am a dutch taxi cab driver who is looking for a carreer switch. Canada seems to be the perfect place because of the beautifull enviroment.

Here's the problem; I dont really know people in Canada. Well at least not any more, I've known an Canadian guy which lived here in the Netherlands a long time ago. Good guy.

So the question is; is it possible or does any one know a way to get me a job as a truck driver ? I also have a buddy ( young and motivated) who's willing to build a life with me in Canada.

High regards,

Jay

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Good luck. The temp foreign worker program is how non residents are brought in. Not many permits now.

4. sanjay1992

Apr 20, 2017
    Could you tell some more about the temp foreign program? I remember one year ago there still was a big need of truck drivers. A lot has happend in one year I guess..

5. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    No, move along. Nothing to see here.

upnorthwpg Thanks this.
  6. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    There shouldn't be a big need for truckers. If that ##### Lisa Raitt had done her job correctly and fixed this ####ing industry instead of letting it bleed, we could give those jobs to our own citizens not chumps willing to work for shillings.

7. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    A big need for truck drivers? How do you explain for every cdl holder using it to earn a living driving there are 2 more who also hold a cdl but do not use it for driving? Makes sense doesn't it. I guess it comes as no surprise, here in ontario we produce more electricity than we can use and then sell it at a loss to new York, effectively subsidizing new yorkers hydro bills. All the while PUTTING UP MORE WINDMILLS that yes produce energy out of nothing BUT the cost to produce each kwh is way higher than nuclear! How can we call this going in the right direction????

6rider and sanjay1992 Thank this.
  8. sanjay1992

Apr 20, 2017

I guess Canada needs more consumers then :D

No but serious, it is indeed a waste to sell it at a lower price. Why not store it or invest in something else?

And about the windmills, Canada is a perfect country for those because of the landscape. It's big so there's room for plenty. Also there are mountouns, the wind will definitely do it's job. But I see what you mean with the nuclear energy. In the Netherlands most energy is nuclear simply because it's neccesary.

And I'm not sure what you expect me to say on you first question? There are plenty of cdl holders but the truckdriver industry doesn't need them or they chose a different carreer? To be honest I've just heard an read that the average age of a Canadian truck driver is like 55 and well if there are no youngsters willing to do the job... That does not sound to good to me. Me? I would take the opportunity. Because I like to travel an because I really really like the mountains the enviroment and my english seems to freshen up while typing this.

9. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    We are also paying truck drivers in Alberta to sit at home on welfare because the oil industry is down. So we totally need to bring in more, right?

10. 6rider

6rider Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2016
    Ontario
    Wynne and the libs! Brown isn't looking too promising either. That's all I gotta say.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.