Job hunting ain't as fun as i thought

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by TommyTrucker88, Feb 13, 2018.

1. doireann

doireann Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2016
    Saia is hiring in the poconos and setting up I think in Wilkes Barre.

Good luck. I will be hoping to have a job in the summer.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DieselDrivinDaddy

DieselDrivinDaddy Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Poconos, PA
    Not sure if you’re set on going with a larger company.. quite a few small carriers in the area also.

West Motor Freight - Boyertown
    Kane - Scranton
    Gress Refrigerated - Scranton
    Naro - Gouldsboro
    Ironclad Logistics - Gouldsboro

TommyTrucker88 and doireann Thank this.
  4. doireann

doireann Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2016
    Will check them out. Hoping to go team with my hubby.

5. DieselDrivinDaddy

DieselDrivinDaddy Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Poconos, PA
    Not sure if any of the companies that I listed have team drivers, but i believe Calex in Pittston does.

doireann Thanks this.
  6. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    How many years past tax returns are most employers needing?

7. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    You can call this trucking company if interested. They hire out of PA and OH and MI. They basically run Chicago to Harrisburg PA. They also have runs from Ohio to NC to PA back to OH they run that route a lot.

No Northeast, lots of drop & hook. No touch freight. Guarantee minimum pay of $1,000 a week but more pay if you drive over 2,500 miles. If you do a 34 hour reset at the truck stop they pay you an extra $100 for not getting you home.

They run the trucks pretty hard but legal and never run out freight.

REGIONAL DRIVERS – Keller Trucking

8. Vic Firth

Vic Firth Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
    I agree with the others that you should land another job before you give notice. Tell your company you need a few days off and then go take care of finding a new job. Just my opinion, good Luck!

9. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    News flash, job hunting has NEVER been fun. Good luck.

TankerP, Raezzor and Toomanybikes Thank this.
  10. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    I swear that 'driver shortage' myth is just the gift that keeps on giving; Some company is going to take on a driver from what, a training company, without an interview. Have you seen the folks these training companies hire?

Why would you ever think some company would put a guy in a truck, with all the liability that entails, without sitting down and at least talking to you?

11. TheyCallMeDave

TheyCallMeDave Heavy Load Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Tejas
    I agree with this lineup EXCEPT I will say to that you should be prepared at Saia. I had my interview last week and was hired, and the money and everything sounded good until the rules started flowing in. I was able to obtain a drivers handbook from Saia and everything I read online about the extreme micromanagement is true, as well as the crazy, over the top restrictions regarding the driver facing cams. A lot of Saia drivers are leaving and going to different carriers. I have a couple of friends who work at different LTL outfits and just in the last 2 weeks they've gotten 6 new hires between the 2 of them, all from Saia.

A lot of companies are running DFC's now, but Saia from my understanding is over the top with it. I decided it'd be in my best interest to pass up that position as I just can't deal with that kind of hand holding, micromanagement. It'd drive me up the wall. That's probably part of the reason they're now hiring EVERYWHERE like crazy, offering SOB's and such. But, you might enjoy it there, but I'd definitely keep that in mind when applying.

Toomanybikes Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.