Job hunting ain't as fun as i thought

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by TommyTrucker88, Feb 13, 2018.

1. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Nope.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Interviews?.
    Everyone is begging for drivers.
    A phone call should suffice.

Aamcotrans Thanks this.
  4. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Ok didn't think so. Saw they had an ad on Craigslist advertising 1200 a week and home everyday or every other day

5. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Is this the company that has

"KANE is ABLE!"

on the sides of their trailers? Or at least, they used to. Always made me smile when I saw them, and they seemed to do a LOT of running around Detroit back early 2000s.....

6. Brettj3876

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Yup that would be them. My dad pulled for them way back in the early 2000s until the eastern Europeans killed the rates their. My dad and uncle left there around 2005-2006ish

DieselDrivinDaddy and homeskillet Thank this.
  7. DieselDrivinDaddy

DieselDrivinDaddy Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Poconos, PA
    I talked to Kane a few weeks before I got my own authority.

I was turned off when I saw their O/O rates are mileage based and not percentage.
    They also had power only loads but the rates they showed me were laughable in my opinion.

They seem like nice folks and a good choice for a company driver though.

Brettj3876 Thanks this.
  8. Brettj3876

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    My dad knows a few company drivers there and they're pretty happy. 1200-1400 wk and most weekends off. Mostly day cabs so hotel it if you run out of hrs.

When my dad and uncle were there both of them were power only own authority and the rates were pretty good and home every night but that didn't last long and most of their independents jumped ship

DieselDrivinDaddy Thanks this.
  9. roadtech

roadtech Medium Load Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Northeast
    Ironclad in Gouldsboro hauls for Shoprite . Pretty sure they just deliver to Shoprite stores in the northeast ,home everyday work in daycabs. I seen their ad advertising $80k a year ,I think they're union also. Pretty decent for that area being home everyday.Walmart is hiring in Tobyhanna ,but super micro management though ,not the job it once was from what I read hear. It all depends on what work you want to do. Regular food service is slave work,no matter what the pay. Sysco and Mclane are always hiring ,that work will make you hate life and getting up in the morning. I drove for Sysco for 2 years ,worst job I ever had,needed the money at the time only reason I stayed,and micromanagement when your busting your ### that hard gets old real fast.
    It also depends on what work you want to do. UPS parcel (UPS calls trailer driver "feeder drivers") is just about the best paying job out there $34-$39 hr depending on the area of the country from what I've been told . Very hard to get in other than seasonal Christmas time ,but worth it if you can get in those guys easily pull down $80k to $100k plus. I worked for UPS right out of high school in the Edison NJ hub
    Loading trucks at night when I went to college in the day time. I then became a Supervisor,then a parcel driver and finally a HR supervisor hiring for them by the time I was
    22 . I left for a Union crane operator gig with my old man for a few years,then went off on my own with different businesses .

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  10. Patrick615

Patrick615 Light Load Member

Jun 10, 2018
    If you haven’t tried Gress yet I’d suggest it. I know it’s a late response to this thread but believe me when I tell you Gress is where it’s at. My father pulled for them years ago and I’m hoping to get in there soon.

Metallica88 Thanks this.
  11. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    FROCK BROS. TRUCKING, INC.
    PO Box 157, New Oxford, PA
    upload_2018-8-13_21-41-5.jpeg [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.