job offer from Us Express

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by jwmonkdemon, Dec 22, 2007.

1. jwmonkdemon

jwmonkdemon Bobtail Member

Nov 25, 2007
    knoxville tn
    Should I take it. Anyone Got any bad news or good things to say about Us Express? I'd like to hear about it
    Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Iraqvet

Iraqvet Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Ashtabula Ohio
    Thats who I am goin with.I got back from orientation on the 13th.I am waiting to get hooked up with a trainer after christmas.I have seen some bad stuff on here about them on here,along with about 200 other companies.The orientation procces wasnt to bad.Most of the drivers I talked to didnt seem to have any problems with them.I am gonna try to give em' a year..Maybe it will work out..Sorry I couldnt tell you more about them....

4. aladdin sane

aladdin sane Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Towanda, Kansas
    Guys, it's just like any other TL carrier. You're gonna spend alot of time sitting, alot of time working for free and just generally getting screwed. Not only that, you'll have to fight to go home to get reimbursed for tolls many, many other things.... It'll be an experience you'll never forget that's for sure...Good luck, you're gonna need it!

5. jimnfor

jimnfor Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2007
    sherman, tx
    I too am going to work for USX, i drove for PTL for about a year, cant see it being any worse. I havent been told any BIG promises. Ive read a ton on here negative, just like several other companies on here.
    good luck to everyone

6. didntitellu

didntitellu Light Load Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Ohio
    Question here.

I work for a diff company and am unhappy there. I called USX, and the guy there told me he would put pay and miles in writing, .42 a mile and 7200-7500 a week. Obviously I talked to them as a team. Do they normally say that? Is it BS? I was thinking of them but have learned to trust this forum. How do they treat the drivers? They told me the hometime policy was 1 day per 1 week, which is normal. But my co-driver and I usually run 4 weeks and take 5-6 days. They said that was ok, is that true or false? They also told us we could choose one of the freightliners over the volvo autos, is that right? Or are all the freightliners O/O? I hate to toss a million questions at you, but I was thinking of going there. So if you could share experience I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

7. Truckerjo

Truckerjo Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Indiana
    7200-7500? wow that seems a awful high number to me.. most usually cliam 5500
    I know several teams and they usually "average" between 5500 to 6500
    Again that number seems a little high to be claiming...

I have worked for USX and you do not get to choose your truck.. you get what they give you... All USX trucks are auto's and teams usually get the Volvo's

The home-time is about correct and they usually have no prob with that...

8. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    Most of the USX drivers I've talked to love the autoshifts.

9. knighton5

knighton5 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Rose City
    I love us xpress driving 48 states !!!! They gave me the miles and it was great!, When I swithched to 11 western regional, then I lost the miles and the money! Alot of railyards and local LA..... Drive 48 and you will be happy! DRIVE SAFE

10. littlesteper

littlesteper Bobtail Member

Dec 25, 2007
    midway,fl
    well did y'll go to usx? if so how r u likeing it?

11. jwmonkdemon

jwmonkdemon Bobtail Member

Nov 25, 2007
    knoxville tn
    Well I see lots of good as well as bad post on usx. I set up for orientation jan I hope I like it Thanks for all the feed back. One more thing any one know the ratio on ppl getting sent home from here? The thing is I have a really good job, Make good money prolly more than i'll make my first year otr. Why should I quit my job just to see if these ppl will hire me? This makes no sence at all. I will loose alot if i come back with out a job why should I risk it? This crap has me all mixed up what should I do?!?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.