Jobs in So Cal?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by twpaq, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Velocity Rail Solutions
    San Bernardino, CA
    • $260.40/day
    • Local-Home Daily
    • Consistent paychecks
    • Guaranteed Over-Time
    Velocity Rail Solutions drivers are paid to be fully loaded with red dye diesel and to fuel trains on an “On-Call” basis by the Railroad. On the Job training will be provided for qualified individuals. The Railroad pays to have dedicated trucks and drivers on duty 24/7/365 days a year. This includes Nights, Weekends, and Holidays, so you can receive consistent paychecks. You are paid for a full 12 hours to include breaks, lunches, and wait-time for dispatches. That’s right, you are paid for all On-Duty” hours, regardless of what you are dispatched for!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. twpaq

twpaq Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2019
    Yucaipa
    Thank you! I was trying hold out for two years at Swift, but I'm tired of this mega carrier. If I am within 5 months of two years do you think company's would still consider me? I will check some of these out! I do have military experience and when I was in the Army I held a secret security clearance. I'm sure it is still floating around somewhere, just have to figure out how to access it, I was Human Resources for 101st Airborne HHC out of Fort Campbell, KY.

austinmike Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Some companies will waive a little experience.
    Some will give a lot of slack for a military veteran.
    I was born and raised near Ft. Campbell in Tennessee.

twpaq Thanks this.
  5. twpaq

twpaq Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2019
    Yucaipa
    Thanks for the reply and that is good to know. Ft. Campbell was a good experience and a nice area. I applied to Carvana it is local. They say you start out at 65k. Thoughts on them?

6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Not familiar with Carvana. I know what they do, but that's about it.

7. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    DOD security clearances are good for 5 years. If it has been more than 5 years since you first received your clearance or the date your last clearance update was completed, you simply no longer have a clearance.
    I held a Top Secret (SBI) clearance during most of my time in the Air Force and then a Secret for the 5 years after I left and worked for a defense department contractor. However, that was now years ago and having had a clearance in the past, doesn't do you any good if it expired. A couple years ago I worked in my previous occupation for a defense department contractor on a position not needing a clearance. Most of their work actually required a secret clearance or better. They were the ones who informed me that having had a clearance that has expired, is useless for the most part.
    As for your Swift experience, I'm sad to hear it isn't working out for you. I've been with Swift since I went to the Swift Academy in Phoenix in August of 2019. I've had, and continue to have a good experience with them. It isn't perfect, no job is, but I have no significant complaints. But, different folks seem to have different experiences with them. I hope you find a company that works for you and keeps you happy Good. Good luck to you in all your endeavors

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.