John Christner Trucking walk-away lease?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by a-trucker123, Dec 27, 2017.

1. a-trucker123

a-trucker123 Light Load Member

Sep 21, 2017
    So which company is truckerreport happy doing a lease-purchase with? Is there any at all?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI

I will tell you what I tell other guys looking to own a truck. Get a few grand together, find an old Freightliner or whatever, with a fresh in frame and a decent set of tires that will pass a DOT inspection. You want a pre EPA/EGR truck, unless a Cummins CM-870, that is a good motor. Find a small outfit with freight, they are out there, that pay above $2 a mile and put that truck to work. Go make money, and repair the truck as you go. Don't worry about paint or dents and dings. As long as she holds fuel and runs, the rest you can take care of as you go.

You can finance a truck like that, and be able to afford it. If you can gross $4000 a week, which is easy, and have a $700 a month truck payment, and say $100 a month bobtail, you are golden. Pay the truck off in a year and be done with it. Now, you can really start banking some coin. No truck payment, just put that in the bank like you still have the payment. And bank roll... Roll Roll Roll...

JCT is offering you nothing but a headache and stress. They will OWN you, Lock Stock and Barrel. You will work 100 hours and get a check for $400... And look at what you just did to earn that money? And then look at all of that money that SHOULD be in your pocket.

This is not a game, and outfits like JCT, paying rates that were piss poor THIRTY YEARS ago for reefer freight? Seriously? You can do much better.

4. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    get a truck on your own and go do your own thing.
    If you rely on a carrier for a truck and freight will go in the poor house real quick.

Justrucking2 and CrappieJunkie Thank this.
  5. Justrucking2

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    If you can find them, and they are out there, but rarely advertise, it is usually in house stuff for their own employees... They take their old trucks, and instead of selling them, lease them to the drivers at a fair market price and in one to two years the driver owns the truck. Tough to find, but there are smaller outfits that do just that and they do not rape the driver in the process, as they want them to stay.

6. Justrucking2

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    I used to pull a reefer, and those were the rates from the 1980's... And to cheap for my blood sweat and tears, even back then. ;-)

a-trucker123 Thanks this.
  7. ACO476

ACO476 Light Load Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Texas
    93 cents per mile to pull a reefer and deal with all of the BS that comes with pulling reefer? And all of the responsibility that comes with being in charge of upkeep on a truck? Sir, this isn't bashing or hate. This is simple economics. It just plain isn't worth it. Have you ever pulled reefer? Do you have any idea what that entails? Fuel alone would be tough to cover at 93cpm.

8. a-trucker123

a-trucker123 Light Load Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Reefers can be full of BS. I am pulling reefers now and I know some customers can be disorganized and mean to the truckers. Along with having to deal with noisy reefers while you sleep. And also some customers like to have the trailers ridiculously super squeaky clean, when you are a truck driver not a trailer cleaner. Yes, reefers can be full of BS.

I met a JCT guy. Said he had 6 years with them and was super happy. Saw some JCT posts here too saying they were happy. I don’t know how they do it if y’all are saying JCT sucks.

jeff18, Justrucking2 and scottied67 Thank this.
  9. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    What are the reasons you would be interested in leasing a truck if you don't mind?

10. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Some people are happy with $200 pay checks, what can I say.

Justrucking2 Thanks this.
  11. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    We just got a raise to $0.96 base rate per mile. JCT offers a great way to purchase a brand new truck. The fixed payment is only $120 bucks a week and the variable payment is $0.23 per dispatched mile. Trucks are set at $156K equipped with inverter/APU, fridge A/C leather seats and much more.

RBPC, Jarhed1964, kbarttt and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.