John Curry Inc. aka JCI Transport

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by South Bound, Jan 19, 2015.

1. South Bound

South Bound Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Lower 48
    Another Bad company to steer clear of. My experience...Filled out an app. on a Tuesday, went in for a interview that Friday. Monday went in to do the "ORIENTATION", which included filling out a lot of paper work, and watching those ridiculous videos. I was close to being done filling out the paper work when I hear LOUD YELLING coming from the office, next thing I know a door SLAMS. I look over and some miserable looking woman comes storming through the room. I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT! Let me back track...the first day I went in I was very unimpressed. The place is a dump. Trucks were filthy. Trailers looked like crap. I really shouldn't have gone back. Anyway... Tina (office person) comes in and says that I will be going out with a trainer??? OH, I don't think so! (I'm an experienced female driver) She proceeds to tell me he's a "BLACK GUY" a "NICE BLACK GUY" she says! LOL! Well I don't sleep in te same truck as ANY color guy. (stranger). So she goes and talks to the so called owner, comes back and says they would put me in a hotel, while he sleeps in the truck. LOL. Ummm uh-huh. Then she says the will give me his phone number so I can talk to him and make arrangements to meet up with him "SOMEWHERE" the next night about midnight- 1:00 a.m. UH, NO I DON'T THINK SO! I THOUGHT MAYBE I WAS ON CANDID CAMERA! ROFL! The so called owner is totally CLUELESS! In his "OPINION" trucks shouldn't do more than 64(on the floor). Any body with any COMMON SENSE know's you should be able to do the speed limit, 70 in a 70, and they are all over the place. The guy is just a total IDIOT! He actually told me calls companies when in his little mind, one of their drivers is going too fast! LOL! WHAT A JOKE! :pottytrain2:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. South Bound

Jan 4, 2015
    Lower 48
    P.S. No doubt John Curry is Rolling Over! :yes2557:

4. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    [h=3]JOB TITLE:REGIONAL COMPANY & OWNER OP DRIVERS SOLO[/h]Hiring Positions:
    • Company Driver Solo,
    • Owner Operator Solo

Hiring States:
    • CT,
    • DE,
    • MA,
    • MD,
    • NH,
    • NJ,
    • PA,
    • RI

[h=4]JOB OVERVIEW[/h]Family Owned since 1874. Regional operation. Home every weekend and once during each week...

Payment Options:
    • Paid Weekly
    • Direct Deposit Available
    • Lay Over Pay
    • Deadhead Pay
    • Stop off Pay
    • Vacation Pay
    Other Benefits:
    • No-Touch Freight: 100%
    • Assigned Equipment
    • Assigned Dispatchers
    • 24/7 Dispatch Available
    • Truck Wash
    • Health
    • Medical
    • Dental
    • Vision Plan
    • Est. Miles A Week: 1,751 - 2,000
    • Orientation Length: 2 days
    • Satellite Communications: None

[h=4]rs[/h]

[h=4]MONTHLY POLL[/h]
    WHAT DRIVES YOU NUTS ENOUGH TO LOOK FOR A NEW JOB?

Unavailable dispatchingMy truck is breaking downNot paid what was promisedUnpredictable or little hometimeLong waits to unloadOther:
    Vote

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    2000 miles NE regional where do i sign up

6. South Bound

Jan 4, 2015
    Lower 48
    Hi Walter! did your day get any better? LOL! :biggrin_25523:

7. South Bound

Jan 4, 2015
    Lower 48
    Yea, I guess it would be a job for a Crusty Cranky Yankee! LOL! :biggrin_25523:

8. Pound Puppy

Pound Puppy Heavy Load Member

May 31, 2010
    Amherst, OH
    Owned since 1874 huh? Still have the original horse?

9. Dinomite

Dinomite Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    Just curious, if someone did abandon a truck, and the company put it on the dac would it actually say vehicle abandonment? Thanks

From the op in a previous post. I'm guessing this is the reason she is applying to crappy companies. And probably why she was told to go out with a trainer. Such a sense of entitlement coming from the op. Good luck with your job search:biggrin_25513:

Milkman719, joseph1135 and 77smartin Thank this.
  10. South Bound

Jan 4, 2015
    Lower 48
    LOL BRO! I've NEVER abandoned anything! But thanks for the laugh! I just spit my coffee out! :biggrin_25525:

Dinomite Thanks this.
  11. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    I was thinking the same thing.....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.