JP Noonan, Gorham, Maine/Savage Transport, Auburn, Maine

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by 207nomad, Jul 22, 2017.

1. 207nomad

207nomad Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2015
    I'm seeking current information on the above mentioned companies, preferably on the specific terminal locations that I stated. Or, company information as a whole, such as equipment, pay, benefits, esprit de corps, etc. from current or former drivers, not recruiters.
    All of the Information that I've found on here seems to be a little outdated, and not exactly positive. I'm looking into them because they're both hiring right now, and I am looking for a change. However I'm not going to jump ship just for the sake of doing so. The grass may be greener, but at the end of the day, it is still grass. So if I have to keep searching that's fine. Someday Superior Carriers might start running more local or regional routes, but I'm not holding my breath. I'd apply for them in a heartbeat but I like to be home at night.
    Thanks for the info.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Aren't you eating roast beef.....? Lol

Don't know much about Maine ....

I do know this add keeps popping up on my FB account....

IMG_1822.PNG

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    Ruthless Thanks this.
  4. Kenworth 4life

Kenworth 4life Medium Load Member

Feb 16, 2017
    Augusta, Maine
    Noonan is a good company . Small but well managed, savage I don't know much about! Noonan runs the east coast mostly some long haul freight, they slow a bit in the winter months Maine is pretty much dead runs in the winter!

KillingTime, 207nomad and Ruthless Thank this.
  5. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.

Had mine n most of 2 of the kids roast beef! Them firemen can cook! Some other time of the year they have a BBQ chicken dinner: literally the best BBQ chicken I ever have had!

I see noonan trucks around: plenty are fine iron. All I can say, I'm not a fella that talks about business on the radio n don't stop at truck stops. Sorry op

Cat sdp Thanks this.
  6. 207nomad

Jul 8, 2015
    I'm already hauling tanker (water) for a better paying outfit than A. Dung Pyle. But, I appreciate the info anyway.

7. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    Where's the part of the ad that states 'Offering zero training upfront nor afterward!!!'...... I've yet to meet a Pyle Driver that understands that IF you dump the tank suspension you get more of what's in, out.

Kenworth 4life and 207nomad Thank this.
  8. 207nomad

Jul 8, 2015
    They also fail to mention in their ads that you are paid per load. Not hourly, not mileage, or percentage. So, if you do 1 of your 3 scheduled loads then your truck breaks down and you're sitting for hours waiting on a repair, you are making $0. Or, if you're sitting behind 783 trucks in Hollis waiting, like I am now, you're making $0. Sign me up!

KillingTime and Ruthless Thank this.
  9. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Do you know the rates out of Poland..?

10. 207nomad

Jul 8, 2015
    I don't know what their van rates are, but there are several loads on DAT and other load boards that would give you that information. We haul tanked water into Poland, not out of. The only bottling plant that you haul tanked water out of is Kingfield.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.